New To MTB

Bobsy
Bobsy Posts: 4
edited September 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a Carrera Kraken 08, I am looking for places to go off road.
I am living in Cambridge (recently moved) but unfortunately don't have a car and would like to know the best way to get out of Cambridge and on the bike.

any suggestion welcome and would like to go out with people who can teach me best way and have a laugh

pm me

Rob

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    We have a rides section which will be worth posting in too.

I would be careful about putting your email address in posts - the spam bots have got people in the past! The PM system is safer.
  • will check that out.... cheers for the heads up just edited the post
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    Near(ish) to cambridge is chicksands if you are into jumps / 4x etc. See link in my sig for more info
    lots of people at chicksands who you can talk to / watch to improve your skills
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • Dan67
    Dan67 Posts: 658
    If you can get on the train to norwich and get off in brandon its not very far to the trails perhaps 1-2 miles. The trains are pretty good with bike too with proper bike racks
  • was looking round will have to try chicksands, is thetford forest anygood??

i am a 1st timer in MTB duno if mention it in 1post.
  • nonnac85
    if you are coming over towards chicksands there is also woburn trails which are just of J13 of M1 (milton keynes south)

woburn has XC trails *(find your own way with a map as they are not waymarked like chicksands) and jumps and a few mini DH runs. chicksands has a bit of everything
  • Bobsy wrote:
    was looking round will have to try chicksands, is thetford forest anygood??

i am a 1st timer in MTB duno if mention it in 1post.

Thetford is great for first timers. Although most people seem to stick to the 'black' route if they're following the warymarked routes, I really like the way the red route flows.
  • i would try woburn out cuz i hav herd lots of gd reviews on it and theydo a begginers course 2 mtbin up there 4 £60 which im doin soon
  • nonnac85
    im guessing the course you are talking about is the one run by Get Mountain BikingThey are very good, very helpful and good prices.