Blonde Swedish Twins.....

redddraggon
redddraggon Posts: 10,862
edited September 2008 in The bottom bracket
I like bikes...

Twitter
Flickr

Comments

• Saw this on the news...what a pair of mentalists!
    Sometimes you have to lose yourself
    before you can find anything.
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494

Your one word synopsis says more about you than them.
  • a day in prison? jebus.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    don key wrote:

I guess I'm alone then in thinking that walking down a motorway, running in front a fast lane of moving traffic and running in front of lorries is not a sane thing to do.....
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Swedish twins you say?
  • don key wrote:

eh? :shock: I know we live in strange times but..... :shock:
    Spring!
    Singlespeeds in town rule.
  • ellieb
    ellieb Posts: 436
    I only saw the short clip. Do we know why they did this? Apart from being insane of course
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    a day in prison? jebus.

That'll teach her for endangering the lives of those officers and all the expense and trouble she caused.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I saw this programme last night and noticed that by the end there was still no explanation as to why they actually did this. Very odd to say the least...
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    I've gotta say that when I saw the title of this post I'm actually quite disappointed by th content :(
  • don key wrote:

I consider myself a lefty Guardian reading muesli eating liberal who makes excuses of poor upbringing, mental illness and drugs for most people who do strange things . But "nutters" is a pretty much apt description.

That fact you make a condescending statement beliitling their opinion says more about you than it does them.

(I'm aware of the irony of using a post to criticise you, criticising someone else)
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Bloody hell don key ! What would you call them ?

They were clearly high on drugs - is that not slightly a 'nutty' thing to do whilst on a Motorway ?

Its just a shame that they put so many people in danger - one day in prison doesnt really seem fitting ? Its amazing that the other one even survived - how the hell can you get hit by a lorry like that and live ? It was amazing that none of the police or helpers on the scene got injured.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it is quite normal to walk down major roads and also to walk along the railway track.

And aggressive behavior like that is very common amongst Swedes that have consumed large volumes of alcohol.

I am sure i will see some people behaving like that tonight.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    The one who got hit by the car and had to be restrained is currently on remand for murder...

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/ne ... ticle.html

Yesterday, Swede Sabina Eriksson, aged 40 and currently living in Ireland, pleaded guilty to going on to the M6 motorway on Saturday. She also admitted assaulting a police officer.

The defendant and her sister were travelling by coach from Liverpool to London when they disembarked at Keele because neither of them were feeling very well.
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    Mog Uk wrote:
    The one who got hit by the car and had to be restrained is currently on remand for murder...

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/ne ... ticle.html

Yesterday, Swede Sabina Eriksson, aged 40 and currently living in Ireland, pleaded guilty to going on to the M6 motorway on Saturday. She also admitted assaulting a police officer.

The defendant and her sister were travelling by coach from Liverpool to London when they disembarked at Keele because neither of them were feeling very well.

Classy birds - Not !!!!
  • cougie
    Jeez. One of those speeding cars nearly stopped a lot of heartache then..
  • meth heads- without doubt
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    That was nearly natural selection at it's best, shame peoples vehicles had to be damaged and massive delays were the consequence :?

Nutters sums it up concisely imho.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • These posts are indicative of the attitudes to mental illness in this country. It just makes me very sad. I dd see the clip on the news but I couldn't bring myself to watch the programme. Showing tragic stuff like that anywhere is just voyeurism.
  • You're right, they should have been in a secure enviroment, where thy can do no harm to themselves or others.
    "Care in the Community" is a failure. It's all these damned lefties fault.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Lysander wrote:
    These posts are indicative of the attitudes to mental illness in this country. It just makes me very sad. I dd see the clip on the news but I couldn't bring myself to watch the programme. Showing tragic stuff like that anywhere is just voyeurism.

Well said. The knee jerk reactions to the two women did annoy me. Calling people nutters when you don't know the full facts or story. :roll:
  • Lysander wrote:
    These posts are indicative of the attitudes to mental illness in this country. It just makes me very sad. I dd see the clip on the news but I couldn't bring myself to watch the programme. Showing tragic stuff like that anywhere is just voyeurism.

mental illness my arse

they were on meth

they were quite reasonable when it wore off
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Jamey
    Jamey Posts: 2,152
    Maybe there was an assassin closing in on them and they knew that if they waited with the police he would arrive and kill them.

Or maybe I just watch too many films.

Or not enough.
  • cougie
    Lysander wrote:

So you didnt see the whole story then. Or as much of it as we saw. They were clearly high on drugs and after coming down on them - pretty normal.
  • freebs
    freebs Posts: 199
    Voyeuristic? Maybe, but then life is. Another way of looking at it would be public information about the criminal behaviour of some individuals who put lives at risk. People have to take responsibility for their actions.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    The lack of swedish twins lezzing is just dissapointing to me then? :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • oh bloody hell...they live over here
  • bill57
    bill57 Posts: 454
    I was disappointed, when I read the title I thought it was going to be the lovely Kallur twins....................

2s7b75t.jpg

Well, I think they're both blonde somtimes?
  • Now that's a much more up-lifting post! Well worth reading about and watching the 'nutters'.

And no matter what the reasons, You have to have something very wrong with you to run across a busy motorway.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business