Holy crap. talk about having a couple of screws loose! Stupid mares
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • :shock:
    Returning to MTB'ing after 13 year break: Merida Matts Sub 60d

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll59 ... G_1243.jpg
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the breed them strong and mad out here.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Saw the clips on the Beebs news webby and saw it on the TV too. I can't believe how lucky they both were.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • mtb.boy
    mtb.boy Posts: 208
    Are they half human, half Lemming?
    The first rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is.

The second rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is !!!!
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Back when the commonwealth games were on in Manchester the police had to pick up a couple of Eastern European cyclist competitors on a training run up the M61 :shock:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • birchy
    birchy Posts: 309
    go on bbc i player and it shows the full clip from start to finish on traffic cops :shock: then you realise how lucky they were
  • That's what you do on certain drugs. A "friend" of mine once got completely out of his head and tried to drive his car between a wall and a lampost on the pavement taking both sides of the car out. Glad I wasn't on the pavement at the time......
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • Saw it on Traffic Cops last night. What got me was "1 DAY IN PRISON". WTF????? ONE DAY? They would've been better kicking her head in for 10 minutes. Who works? That was a sh1tload of your money that ONE DAY cost...
    I am considerably more rock and roll than you.

Road. Mountain. Up hill and down dale...
  • stumpyjon wrote:
    Back when the commonwealth games were on in Manchester the police had to pick up a couple of Eastern European cyclist competitors on a training run up the M61 :shock:

In my memory it was members of the the Kenyan cycling team who were stopped on the M61. There again, in my memory, no part of Eastern Europe was ever part of the Commonwealth.

Edindevon
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    If think it was the Kenyan team but they simply didn't know they shouldn't be on the motorway. These two swedish women knew they shouldn't be there and obviously a sandwich short of a picnic.

1 day in prison is a joke when you take into account the resources required 4 police officers, 2 traffic patrol men, ambulance, doctor and an air ambulance not to mention the huge traffic jam they caused. 6 months minimum would have been a start plus a charges for the resources used. If you done the same anywhere else outside the UK and specially America you'd get the bill for your stupidity
  • CraigXXL wrote:
    If you done the same anywhere else outside the UK and specially America you'd get the bill for your stupidity

And your head kicked in...
    I am considerably more rock and roll than you.

Road. Mountain. Up hill and down dale...
  • what i don't get it, why they do that? are they just plain mad for no reason?
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Any reason they weren't sectioned?
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • Should have reversed the lorry back over them. People like that serve no purpose to the Human Race.

Feel sorry for the drivers that hit them.
  • juankerr
    juankerr Posts: 1,099
    First thoughts is they must have been on PCP or something like that, but the fact that 2 swedish blondes can survive being hit by a car, a truck, square up to 6 coppers and run like the wind makes me think that they are a new model of Terminator.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    In my memory it was members of the the Kenyan cycling team who were stopped on the M61. There again, in my memory, no part of Eastern Europe was ever part of the Commonwealth.

I think you may be very right about both points :oops: , at least I was right that they were cycling and it was the Commonwealth games :D
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • nicklouse
    BBC 1 10:35 - 11:25

Madness in the Fast Lane
    Documentary revealing the full story of two Swedish sisters, filmed by the BBC running into oncoming traffic on the M6 in 2008, and the chilling events that unfolded over the next 72 hours during which a man was stabbed to death. This programme speaks to the people at the centre of the legal case, and highlights the complexity involved when dealing with mental illness
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    This is quite an old story, about two years ago..
    One of those Swedish sisters was arrested in Stoke last year in connection with a murder.
  • birchy
    WTF When i saw the title in the email reply notification i thought 'cant remember to replying to a topic on that' only now to see its from 2 years ago :lol:
  • nicklouse
    well not wanting to start a new topic and all :wink:
  • birchy
    Which tyres ????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :wink:
  • nicklouse
    hell that is brutal.
  • clint29
    clint29 Posts: 224
    Never in my life have i seen anything so weird! Love the wpc getting "twatted" and turning to the camera and saying "fcuking hell". Proper madness. Would you offer a weird bird walking round with her clothes in a prison release bag a room for the night?
  • birchy
    :shock: To say the one who ended up killing that bloke was just a little bit mental is an understatment i reckon she needs to be locked in a padded cell for a long time.
    Watching her sister go under the wheels of that truck tough is still as shocking as the first time i saw it.
  • birchy
    Clioterus,
    Maybe he fancied his chances for the night :roll: :wink:
  • Remember seeing that when it was shown on motorway cops.

I fail to see how anyone can have a puff of madness - i am convinced it is an inherent thing and will never leave someone. And in anycase, to release someone who has run in to traffic 3 times, tried to fight police, whilst having been hit by a car must have something wrong with their brain.

To then have killed someone who was helping them, hit themselves over the head with a hammer and jump off a bridge causing themselves a fractured skull must have some permanent mental damage either before or after said events. They should never be released into public. Perhaps not imprisoned but perhaps in a mental care place and at the least certainly heavily monitored.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • clint29
    birchy wrote:
    Clioterus,
    Maybe he fancied his chances for the night :roll: :wink:
    Bet he lived to regret it :shock:
  • clint29
    north-sure wrote:
    Remember seeing that when it was shown on motorway cops.

I fail to see how anyone can have a puff of madness - i am convinced it is an inherent thing and will never leave someone. And in anycase, to release someone who has run in to traffic 3 times, tried to fight police, whilst having been hit by a car must have something wrong with their brain.

To then have killed someone who was helping them, hit themselves over the head with a hammer and jump off a bridge causing themselves a fractured skull must have some permanent mental damage either before or after said events. They should never be released into public. Perhaps not imprisoned but perhaps in a mental care place and at the least certainly heavily monitored.
    Mental care! she should be in the special forces.