Your worst reaction when commuting

2»

Comments

• Once caught up with a guy who nearly hit me not once but twice in the space of about a mile. When I screamed (and I did scream) "What the f*** do you think you're doing?" through his closed passenger window he pulled in to the side of the road and wound his window down.

I let rip with both barrells and shouted him through every idiot inch of his journey whilst groups of children walking home from school stopped to stare.

The driver just waited until I finished shouting, looked at me with a blank stare and said "You done?". It would have been funny if he hadn't nearly killed me.
  • chaley
    chaley Posts: 100
    A couple of months ago I was riding down a road with parked cars down both sides, when a range rover comes charging towards me I've got no where to go so sort of tuck into the edge of a parked van, the stupid cow is looking in her mirror doing her make up whilst on the hands free, she had a nice scrape down her front wing and way into her door before she sussed she had hit me! Much shouting and waving of fists from both sides later and she roars off, I turned around and chased her down to the traffic lights, she now has six bar end shaped and sized dents down the other side of her rangy, shame. If you hit me I will hunt you down!
    Today I had police car do a u turn into me, he claimed that I was too far away to need to signal as bike only go slow, strange that by the time he had changed direction I had done a pretty good stoppy and was banging on his window, pushing his door mirror(they really hate that!) and calling him a c88t, It took 15 minutes to convince him not to take ME in and that almost being squashed makes you react in a way you can't always control.
    2009 langster

Blasphemy is the only victimless crime
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    chaley wrote:
    A couple of months ago I was riding down a road with parked cars down both sides, when a range rover comes charging towards me I've got no where to go so sort of tuck into the edge of a parked van, the stupid cow is looking in her mirror doing her make up whilst on the hands free, she had a nice scrape down her front wing and way into her door before she sussed she had hit me! Much shouting and waving of fists from both sides later and she roars off, I turned around and chased her down to the traffic lights, she now has six bar end shaped and sized dents down the other side of her rangy, shame. If you hit me I will hunt you down!
    Today I had police car do a u turn into me, he claimed that I was too far away to need to signal as bike only go slow, strange that by the time he had changed direction I had done a pretty good stoppy and was banging on his window, pushing his door mirror(they really hate that!) and calling him a c88t, It took 15 minutes to convince him not to take ME in and that almost being squashed makes you react in a way you can't always control.

I hope you reported both of them.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Punching a van drivers lights out when he blatently knocked me off! It has been on here before, but in quick run through from vague memory!:

1, Van driver chucks tea out of window as I pass onto me - and then laughs his ass off.
    2, I get angry, but ride on anyway as I am soaked and just want a shower.
    3, Van overtakes me on clear bit of road and I get more abuse and a ciggy thrown at me
    4, meet van in traffic - I am overtaking in lane on his right
    5, He pulls across lanes and I go straight into the side of his van at speed.
    6, Van driver gets out pretty annoyed.
    7, I get up and untangle myself from bike and big dents and scratches in van
    8, women stops in car behind to make sure I am okay (she tells me that he has been driving like a nob - been behind him for a while)
    9, Van driver is abusive and pushes me over.
    10, I get back up and knock the git out - he did not expect a lycra clad bloke to hit him.
    11, Pick bike up straighten out bits, woman gives me business card as she witnesses incident and will support (he attacked me and I defended myself)
    12, I go to work on bicycle......
    13, Phone van drivers company - explain situation - they tell me van driver has broken jaw and 3 teeth missing, he is in hospital with concussion (He fell against the van, but not on the floor!)
    14, I am happy
    15, Van drivers company agree to pay for damage to my bike and kit as long as I will "close" incident - happy to do so as it is a bit of a waste of police time and I was happy to have battered the twat. I threatened legal action and a witness.
    16, Cheque for £450 in bank!

Todays lesson - Van drivers are not that tough and I have a devastating uppercut on my right.