nnooooooooooooo

bwfcmullet
bwfcmullet Posts: 45
edited September 2008 in The bottom bracket
Riding my 3 week old Felt F3 to work this morning hit a wet patch going round a corner and completly stacked it..... gutted... thankfully no damage to the frame. Both the hoods are bent inwards (doesn't look like the bars are) and rear mech and shfters scratched.

My helmet has a nice dint in it too, bibs shredded... my only comfort is that i now feel like a pro suffering from a bad case of road rash :shock:

have a nice day everyone :oops:

Comments

• sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    keep smiling though and look on the bright side - you could be a newcastle supporter as well :lol:

Good to see you're not badly damaged though
  • bwfcmullet wrote:
    My helmet has a nice dint in it too, bibs shredded... my only comfort is that i now feel like a pro suffering from a bad case of road rash :shock:

have a nice day everyone :oops:

Hmmm, better get youself checked for rotational injury, these helmets are death traps :!:
  • [

Hmmm, better get youself checked for rotational injury, these helmets are death traps :!:

Contraversial :wink:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    what tyres did you have on? or did you just lean over a bit too much?
  • Bad luck. Hope you get back on the bike soon.
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    Bad luck. At least you're OK. Don't worry abut the bike - a couple of battle scars look cool. Just tell people you crashed in a race.

Just don't brake on wet manholes again, or corner on patches of diesel, or whatever it was!
  • [/quote]

Hmmm, better get youself checked for rotational injury, these helmets are death traps :!:[/quote]

Here we go again!
    Glad to hear that you're ok but why on earth were you riding a £2k bike to work? I'd never use my F4 for that.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business

• Hmmm, better get youself checked for rotational injury, these helmets are death traps :!:[/quote]

Here we go again!
    Glad to hear that you're ok but why on earth were you riding a £2k bike to work? I'd never use my F4 for that.[/quote]

Why not? Surely it's bike riding no matter where you're heading?
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Why not? Surely it's bike riding no matter where you're heading?

Extra wear and tear - my commuting bikes seem to die quicker than "training bikes" even though the "training bikes" do far more mileage.

And then there's the aspect of leaving the bike locked up somewhere while you are working.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr