born again cyclist

kev2b3
kev2b3 Posts: 159
edited September 2008 in MTB beginners
I was just wondering how many cyclists are over the age of 40 or am i the only sad one.

My name is Kev i am 44 and proud to me a born again cyclist.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    We had an age poll a few months back - quite a few were above 40!
  • I'm forty getting back into cycling ( with a 40 year old buddy) after a long absence.... I've been reading a lot of threads around the forum and realise what I've been missing ..... things have developed somewhat since I bought my Dawes bike !!!.....

good luck with it

Kevin
  • By the way I'm the 40+ Buddy. Thanks for telling everyone Kev. :( 41 this year but who cares. Its one of the few sports/activites any age can indulge in and a great way to stay fit. Trouble is all the shiny bits and pieces are very addictive. Expect to get seriously hooked again...
  • I'm 48, been riding for 7 years (mtb) road for 1 year. I'm feeling better now than when I was 18! Mind you I was working underground then and literally coughing my lungs up!
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • Im also 44 kev, I have just started mountain biking and loving it. im still looking for my first :? bike though.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    supersonic wrote:
    We had an age poll a few months back - quite a few were above 40!

just brought it back up

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Well, I missed the age poll, so here it is, I'm 46 (pushing 47!) :oops:
    I used to race xc, years ago when the MTB craze first took hold...Rigid bikes, 58 tooth chainring for downhills (no armour)!!
    Glad to see that on my return, 2 years ago, things have moved on greatly.
    Only difference I have really noticed, is, how long it takes for a bruise to stop hurting and fade away!
    Much more affordable, too! My SPuD's cost less this time than the set I had when they where first released!

Older boys...Faster, lighter, shinier toys!! :wink::wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • supersonic
    ANd hangovers. Surely they can't get much worse at your ages lads?!

;-)
  • nicklouse
    Errrrr I have no Idea what you are on about Paul.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • supersonic
    Yorkshire livers. Made of lead.
  • nicklouse
    its all the hendersons that does that for you southys.
  • supersonic
    You know you miss it.

SHeffield wouldn't be the same if not for Henderson's. They blew our towers up! The new monument should be a giant bottle of relish.
  • your right about the hangovers... felt so rough on Sunday I just couldn't face going out on the bike ...... :oops:
  • lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    am 38, had a bike for 3 months ( after many years of not having one, maybe 20?)

and tbh, only happy when i am having a ride!
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • 44 year old born again

Love blasting around the fields and seawall on my Spesh with the odd weekday haul out to a remote country pub :lol:

Spesh Hardrock Sport Disc 2009
    Focus Cayo 2.0
    Dawes Scorpio beater