Can you belive it, belive it on Ripley's ....... LOL

xtreem
xtreem Posts: 2,965
edited September 2008 in The Crudcatcher
As the title says, can you belive it?
This afternoon me and my little cousin went on a ride on our local hils.
But on the way down, at the end of the trail my cousin punctures the two tires on some rocks, bumps at the same time. :lol:

What are the odds of happening this? :lol:

Comments

• BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Went for a ride on Sunday and about 20 mins after riding through a load of cut down bushes the back went straight down on a road descent. No matter, I had one tube left, pulled out 3 thorns, all sorted! Went to get back on the bike but the front had gone down! There was nothing in the tyre either. I was all out of tubes so it had to be patched.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • I once hit a couple of square-edged rocks at the edge of the trail in the woods a few miles from home, somehow managed to blow both tyres, and eventually had to patch up 13 holes before I could ride home! Was down to one spare patch at the end. Always carry a spare tube now!
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    13 holes? :shock: That's...... :lol:

And I thought this was a rare thing, to blow two tires on one ride.

From now on I'll carry 2 spare tubes.
  • On my bighit I have never had to, touch wood, even remove either wheel, which is a damn fine thing as I don't even have enough allen keys to remove the rear wheel. Although on my previous bike I got a puncture in the rear tyre right at the start of a ride, I ws absolutely fuming. Thankfully never a dual-tyre blowout but have had a multiple punctures in the one tube so had to stop a total of 3 times to patch it up.
    <hr>

Do what you fear, you won\'t regret it.

You are only as brave as your skill level.