Desperate need for road workshop and technical forum!

robbarker
robbarker Posts: 1,367
I have banged on a bit in the past about seperating out "Road Gear and Knowhow" into seperate technical/workshop and road gear topics. Technical queries about assembling, maintaining and repairing bikes do not sit well with what are essentially retail queries.

The latter flood the topic to the extent that it's difficult to find technical answers, so the same questions get asked over and over again.

I see that Nick has now started a seperate workshop topic in the commuting forum - and good on him, a deidcated topic is certainly needed, but new users looking for technical help probably won't think to look there.

It's all getting a bit disjointed.

Another plea for a "Workshop and Tech" topic in the road section please, and change "Road Gear and Knowhow" to simply "Road Gear".

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    rob OK then lets look at it.

I will post a topic down in gear and know how about doing something.

Later. got a lot to do just now.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    robbarker
    another thing is trying to comprehend what the purpose of some of the fora are actually for, I know most of it is Legacy from the merge of Pro C and C+ andi dont thing adding another forum to the Road section would be a good thing, Just a rename but which and to what?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    How about "Campaign" and "Soapbox" being merged and "Road Gear and Knowhow" being split into "Workshop and Tech" and "Bikes, Bits and Clothing", or something similar.