Good Samaritan on Lots Road... Was it you!

heavymtb
heavymtb Posts: 62
edited September 2008 in Commuting chat
Just a quick line to say a thousand thank you's to the chap who stopped to help me with my rear puncture on Friday night. A menacing shard of glass managed to worm it's way through my new Armadillo's and I didn't have anything with me apart from my pump...

This kind soul was walking (whilst push a tourer) with his children and stopped and pretty much fixed the whole thing for me! The great thing about it was he seemed more than happy to help! I was very appreciative there but I just thought if he is on here I would say thanks again, and if I ever catch him in the pub, the beers are on me!

Just goes to show in these dark times :cry: that just a little act of kindness can restore a flickering glimmer of hope! :D

Now where was that old lady that needed her shopping carried home! :lol:

P.S The glass was still on the tyre so I ended up having to get a cab to 'Evans' (god knows why....) but it did prompt me to by some spare tubes and a track pump! for next time! :lol:
The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart ~Iris Murdoch

Mama always said I was SPECIALIZED ;-)

Comments

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I reckon it was cjcp. He's that kind of guy.
  • biondino wrote:

cjcp? Who's that! another forum guru? If it was send him my best! Early 40's, red tourer?
    The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart ~Iris Murdoch

Mama always said I was SPECIALIZED ;-)
  • Don't really understand the poll but hey can't resist a good vote!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    heavymtb wrote:
    biondino wrote:

cjcp? Who's that! another forum guru? If it was send him my best! Early 40's, red tourer?

Sorry, not me :)

Good to know there's folk like that out there though.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • I love this about cyclists. On my old crap-mobile

kustom_kruiser.jpg

the chain used to reguarly jump off, which was not a huge problem but after I added a pannier rack did often involve a fair bit of muttered swearing, and people always used to stop and check I was OK. Not just fellow cyclists, builders as well. Very kind of them all!
  • It's a Karma thing :D I gave one of my colleagues a £2 Park Tools puncture repair kit as he commutes without spare tubes or a puncture repair kit. A few weeks later he needed it and was well chuffed that he could fix the puncture and get home. Helping people makes your day to.