Pag5pro
Pag5pro Posts: 31
edited September 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi people,

just a quick hi to all, new to this site, been into mtbs on and off for about 14yrs but getting into it again in a big way atm, just bought a Orange Pro 5 and now selling my trusty old Specialized FRS thats 10yrs old now!
used the FSR at bracknell forest last sunday and had a big off, dont remember anything as I hit a tree somehow coming off a tabletop jump on a route they call the babymaker?
anyway was out cold then started fitting. mate took me to hospital where i stayed overnight. ok now just a bit sore but thank god i was wearing my lid as it broke in 2 places. i'm 41 so i dont bounce anymore so my wife keeps telling me!
look forward to using this forum and maybe see some of you guys out on the trials.

Paul.
Orange 5 Pro
Identiti Mr Hyde

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Welcome to the fold!
    Glad you're feeling better. :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Cheers mate, feel even better when i can get back in the saddle lol.
    got my new bike hanging there and cant use it, set the sag on it yesterday and adjusted a few things, just itching to get on it now
    Orange 5 Pro
    Identiti Mr Hyde
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Welcome to the forum pag5pro :)
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Welcome

your off sounded serious :shock:

How you finding the 5? My riding buddy has just replaced his 10 year old FSR XC with a Kona Dawg Deluxe and can't believe how much better it is (been telling him his bike was old and knackered since Christmas :roll: )
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • hi welcome in i havent had any serious falls yet but still wear that helmet cuz u can kill ur self just jumpin up a kerb as my mum always says lol
  • stumpyjon wrote:
    Welcome

your off sounded serious :shock:

How you finding the 5? My riding buddy has just replaced his 10 year old FSR XC with a Kona Dawg Deluxe and can't believe how much better it is (been telling him his bike was old and knackered since Christmas :roll: )

most serious knock iv'e had to date but getting better thanks. as for the 5 it rides nice out side my house on the day i got it but not been on it since as my leg is shot from the crash the day after (had the crash on the FSR). got Judy XLC on the fsr and didnt realise how skinny the old forks are now to the fox floats! its a lovely bike and looking forward to taking it out. the fsr is still mint with bundles of upgrades so i think my mate is having it off me.

Paul
    Orange 5 Pro
    Identiti Mr Hyde
  • Hi Paul,

I was in Bracknell forest on sunday, first time for me riding off road, was great but need to be fitter to enjoy it.

Glad you are ok, sounds like a nasty one, I fell off too but luckily was into a muddly puddle and all that was hurt was my pride! Not sure if I saw the 'babymaker', saw the 'wall' and 'jump gully' both look like fun..
  • nick_1871 wrote:
    Hi Paul,

I was in Bracknell forest on sunday, first time for me riding off road, was great but need to be fitter to enjoy it.

Glad you are ok, sounds like a nasty one, I fell off too but luckily was into a muddly puddle and all that was hurt was my pride! Not sure if I saw the 'babymaker', saw the 'wall' and 'jump gully' both look like fun..

Hi nick,
    yeah it is great there with so much to ride, the gully was where we went first did some jumping, was there for a while then moved on do a downhill somewhere with a nice little drop off. if you get tp the forest early you miss all the crowds aswell. then we moved onto the downhill section where i fell off, the rest is blank lol

hope to get there again when im better. might see you there
    Orange 5 Pro
    Identiti Mr Hyde