Ninja's on bikes...

moonio
moonio Posts: 802
edited September 2008 in Commuting chat
I really don't want to look like one...also it cant be safe wearing all that black lycra..

How about some nice fashionable girly cycling gear?
I recently came across this site
http://www.skirtsports.com/

Cycilng in a skirt/dress...yah...

gymgirl-ultra-rd-3501.jpg

Comments

• I just took a very close look and any lady would be welcome to ride with me in that gear!
    (if of course i turned down my ninja abilities and revealed myself to them!)
  • moonio
    Cycling in a bikini is even better!!

http://www.feltcruiser.com/de/wallpaper.html
  • Ninja's what?
  • my god im gonna have a coronary! Do felt have bike shops staffed by those ladies???
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    brownbosh wrote:
    my god im gonna have a coronary! Do felt have bike shops staffed by those ladies???

Looks like some of them could be employed as cycle racks...
  • prefer them as brownbosh racks!
  • So first you want to force me onto a cyclepath, and now you're suggesting I need to dress like a fecking Spice Girl to be safe.....

what do you suggest next? That we all wear fecking jester hats with bells on the points so pedestrians can hear us coming?
  • moonio
    hehe

no but, i dont think any motorist will have trouble seeing cyclists if we dressed like this :P
    I so want those shoes sigh...and that arse...sigh

07jul1024768.jpg
  • thats funny coz i want that arse too!
  • I wonder if she has a Brown Bosh....
  • moonio
    So first you want to force me onto a cyclepath, and now you're suggesting I need to dress like a fecking Spice Girl to be safe.....

what do you suggest next? That we all wear fecking jester hats with bells on the points so pedestrians can hear us coming?

Sorry but I'm trying to bulid up the courage to commute to work again after seeing a woman under a truck last Friday and hearing about the fatality on Thursday.

I managed to get back on my bike 2 days ago and froze every time a car came near me.

I have been loving my past 3 months of cycling commuting and desperately want stop being afraid.
    Just talking about cycling and voicing my fears is helping to get me back on my bike..so hopefully you wont have to put up with this for long... :D

Although i do think you are all very nice here ...I may stick around...
  • moonio wrote:
    So first you want to force me onto a cyclepath, and now you're suggesting I need to dress like a fecking Spice Girl to be safe.....

Sorry but I'm trying to bulid up the courage to commute to work again after seeing a woman under a truck last Friday and hearing about the fatality on Thursday.

I managed to get back on my bike 2 days ago and froze every time a car came near me.

I have been loving my past 3 months of cycling commuting and desperately want stop being afraid.
    Just talking about cycling and voicing my fears is helping to get me back on my bike..so hopefully you wont have to put up with this for long... :D

Although i do think you are all very nice here ...I may stick around...

Tomorrow is Sunday. Go out on your bike tomorrow. Enjoy it. Contemplate commuting some other time. When you get back to commuting make a special effort to get out before the worst of the traffic. There's no need to throw yourself in at the deep end.

By the way, if you wear a skirt whilst cycling, you risk pulling a Moonio.
  • Although i do think you are all very nice here ...I may stick around.]

Im only pretending to be nice to get a picture of you in that skirt!
  • moonio

Tomorrow is Sunday. Go out on your bike tomorrow. Enjoy it. Contemplate commuting some other time. When you get back to commuting make a special effort to get out before the worst of the traffic. There's no need to throw yourself in at the deep end.

Ok, I'm going to cycle to Lewisham tomorrow and buy some fabric to make a nice cycling skirt.

Oh and I'm always doing moonies on my bike anyway because my knickers and leggings get caught on the seat, i manage to pull up the leggings ok but my knciers end up hanging below my bum...its really embarrassing.

but hey...we've all got to do our bit for cycling!!!
  • moonio wrote:

Ok, I'm going to cycle to Lewisham tomorrow and buy some fabric to make a nice cycling skirt.

Oh and I'm always doing moonies on my bike anyway because my knickers and leggings get caught on the seat, i manage to pull up the leggings ok but my knciers end up hanging below my bum...its really embarrassing.

but hey...we've all got to do our bit for cycling!!!

:shock: :lol: That is a rather "unfortunate" clothing malfunction......I've had a few time's where I've snagged the crotch of my baggies on the saddle which stops me standing up but never exposed my bum.......yet!

Having said that with admission's like that I think it's quite unlikely anyone would crash into you due to a rather large crowd of other cyclist's fighting for position behind you :wink:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    cant lie was commuting through islington the other day and i rode slowly so i could watch this girls arse on the bike in front of me... she was wearing jogging bottoms and a sexy little thong. Stupid girl almost got hit so i started riding right in the middle of the lane protecting her, did she say thank you. Of course not! But she showed me her bottom so its all good!
  • Ninjas on bikes? Is this the origin of the tv insurance ad: "Have you been ninja'd in an accident?"?
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • moonio
    Hurrah, i managed to cycle to Lewisham without being scared :D
    Bought some red lycra and found a pattern for a cycling skirt here

J2796.jpg

Cant wait to make it...as soon as I get a sewing machiine...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Does a girl in a lyrca skirt qualify for the girls in lycra shorts thread?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Hmmm - if gurls go around wearing that sort of thing I can foresee it having a serious effect on The Game of which we do not speak :wink:
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    edited September 2008
    Moonio, not all lycra is black.

try these peeps: http://www.primal-sports.com

my wife has several outfits from them, as do I, (but not the ladies versions).
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • Moonio, not all lycra is black.

my wife has several outfits from them, as do I, (but not the ladies versions).

My compliments on the contents of your photo gallery, AJ.
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    moonio wrote:
    hehe

no but, i dont think any motorist will have trouble seeing cyclists if we dressed like this :P
    I so want those shoes sigh...and that ars*...sigh

07jul1024768.jpg

Good news is the shoes are SPD compatible...

Pistard-Heels.jpg
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Cunobelin wrote:
    Good news is the shoes are SPD compatible...

Pistard-Heels.jpg

I'm not to sure what the courier would be delivering that would need those shoes on........
    Unless you have some sort of bike and shoe fetish :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • sc999cs
    sc999cs Posts: 596

My compliments on the contents of your photo gallery, AJ.

The comics are pretty good too!
    Steve C
  • thanks for the compliments peeps.
    :D
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • Brilliant! I immediately require both the SPD spike heels and a cycling skirt...

I actually already have a skirtything like that, but it's old and rather see-through so I don't wear it any more...

Overtaking people in the heels would be jeffing BRILLIANT! AAAAAAAAAhahahahahaha!!!!

Could i get an extra +1 on my FCN for those??

:twisted:
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Good to have you back LiT! How was Turkey?
  • Lovely thanks, I have a tan and feel very refreshed and relaxed... I do have 285 emails to go through, but they can wait until I'm up to speed with the forum... :oops: