12 People in 33 Miles (Sorry I posted This In Wrong Place)

idaviesmoore
idaviesmoore Posts: 557
edited September 2008 in Campaign
Is the number of people I saw using mobile phones whilst driving when I was riding my loop this morning.

I'm not amused :shock:
'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity

Comments

• I am amazed that you are able to ride your bike and observe whats going on in cars around you. I anly just manage to notice the fact that its a car/lorry/huge fucking great lorry behind me.
    The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
    FCN :- -1
    Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Just look for the drivers swerving all over the road :wink::lol:
  • downfader
    whitbags wrote:

Technically I read he was a drunk driver. :?
  • I saw someone smoking and using their mobile all while 'driving' here last week. :shock:
    How does thast work I wonder :?:
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,066
    I spend a lot of time on the motorways and the amount of people I see with paperwork, clipboards etc on the steering wheel as they drive is staggering.

I was wondering what the legal position would be if my passenger took a picture and sent it to the police?
  • downfader
    jam1e wrote:
    I spend a lot of time on the motorways and the amount of people I see with paperwork, clipboards etc on the steering wheel as they drive is staggering.

I was wondering what the legal position would be if my passenger took a picture and sent it to the police?

Perfectly legal for a passenger to take a picture - all that is to worry about is that they dont block your ability to drive, see or hear. Or you can set up a camera system in your car and video it (expensive - much cheaper to get a mate to use an slr and a decent lens with a polariser - that way you cut out the window reflection)

If you use the mate option make them wear a hiviz top then they look official :wink:
  • downfader wrote:
    If you use the mate option make them wear a hiviz top then they look official :wink:

Good idea - official but not too official (thereby avoiding the 'impersonating a police officer' problem). Incidentally, anyone else see BBC Breakfast or read the Ceefax/BBCi article this morning? Apparently texting whilst driving lowers concentration on the road by around 35% on average, compared with an average of 12%-ish if under the influence of booze, and 21% or so for drug-driving - startling stuff.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • I nearly got nailed a while back. I was doing about 25 mph down the inside of a car which very gradually began to veer towards me. Just before I got squished, I hammered on the window. It was a lady who was applying makeup in the rearview mirror whilst steering with her knees. She jumped so much I suspect she had lipstick on her eyebrow afterward (which is better than blood on her wheels) ((especially mine))
    Dan