Carbon Bikes on turbo trainers?

dttlincs
dttlincs Posts: 384
Does anyone use their carbon framed bike on the turbo?
I have not got a new bike yet so just wondered.
Thanks
Still thinking!

Comments

• dttlincs wrote:
    I have not got a new bike yet so just wondered.
    Thanks

I don't have a carbon bike or a turbo but I don't see any reason why you shouldn't use it on a turbo.....bit of a waste though...
    17 Stone down to 12.5 now raring to get back on the bike!
  • fto-si
    fto-si Posts: 402
    I use my Roubaix on the turbo ... dont see why not
    exercise.png
  • dttlincs wrote:
    Yes, and have used several over the years with no problem. No reason not to. If frames were breaking manufacturers would tell you not to use it on a turbo.

Just wipe the sweat off or place a towel over the headset and top tube while you ride.
  • If you have several theres no point in taking the chance. bb does sway around a lot when camped in that awkward position on my carbon ones. Just use my alu one instead. Any mistake would be a cheaper fix!
  • dttlincs wrote:

All the time. Do you know something I don't? :shock:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    brownbosh wrote:
    If you have several theres no point in taking the chance. bb does sway around a lot when camped in that awkward position on my carbon ones. Just use my alu one instead. Any mistake would be a cheaper fix!

agreed I use my alu one - no vibrations on the road, same seat wouldn't know any major difference and if it did all go t*ts up only 150 for a new frame
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    I bought a training bike a while back to keep my carbon bike good for summer. then spent all my time on my decent bike anyway - hell the components are more durable and if i'm gonna spend big dough on a fancy bike I'm gonna ride it!

As a result the training bike is now the turbo bike, permanently. I reckon any old piece of crap from ebay with a decent saddle and bar tape is all you need....
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • |One of the reasons I like rollers is that i can ride my best bike with no worries (unless I fall off :oops: ).
  • tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    At the end of the day, the bike is supported on a trainer by the rear quick release, holding the exact same weight as when you are on the road, as your weight is supported on the wheel, by the rear quick release. The bike will flex the same on a trainer as it will on the road, as the wheels are constantly fixed to two points, either the trainer and the riser block, or the road at front and rear. You don't notice the flex on the road as the bike will move across the road, but the wheels are still in a fixed position.
  • Use mine on a turbo all through the winter, no reason why it should break, there are previous threads discussing this to death!
  • huggy
    huggy Posts: 242
    Using mine, it flexes a lot but no problems so far...