Glorious commute

georgee
georgee Posts: 537
edited September 2008 in Commuting chat
Did no one else think this morning was great?

Crisp sunny weather, that niggling thought that you should have worn another layer. Lingering smell of bonfires. Other commuters were mostly good, Cars were well behaved and they've even coned along the pavement where all the lazy school mothers park illegally to drop of their kids coming out of the park.

The only downer was the tw*t of a woman running every light from chelsea to hyde park (I've said something to her before and could not bring myself to ruin my commute today).

Hope all had tha same.

Comments

• AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    georgee wrote:

Crisp sunny weather, that niggling thought that you should have worn another layer. .

It's raining :evil:
    Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • no today was good, very cold, numb fingers, but good.....most cars were also ok today.
  • Probably the best one so far out of my 4 months commuting.

Lovely temperature (to test my new jacket :D ) sunny and no wind plus Fulham and Hammersmith were like a ghost town!

I thought I had got up a day early and I was on my way in on a Sunday!

I even had a cup of tea waiting on my desk for me when I got here!!!!

Just waiting for the redundacy package to bring me back to earth! :oops: Even if it does I'll still have my bike! :lol:
    The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart ~Iris Murdoch

Mama always said I was SPECIALIZED ;-)
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Had to train it today... but then I am going to see Metallica tonight for £5, so it's not all bad
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • dafruk
    dafruk Posts: 125
    Glorious indeed. Public holiday in Edinburgh today so the roads were very quiet, plus I was comuting with SPDs for the first time so ideal conditions for puttin the hammer down. I love the extra kick of power I now have up inclines.
    FCN 7- Tourer, panniers, Lycra and clipless

What is this game you speak of? Of course I'm not playing...
  • matt581
    matt581 Posts: 219
    It was a great day, my first commute on my new bike. Managed to take 10 minutes of my normal time. The difference between a road bike and a mountain bike! Im looking forward to the ride home.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Lovely ride home, down the embankment at circa 22mph, light breeze, nice peleton to draft along in, then up through Brompton cemetary (my new fave shortcut longcut) and onto West London.

A lot of roads being resurfaced at the moment as well, so lots of nice humming as I glide across them.