Numb inner thighs!!

fonty1978
fonty1978 Posts: 101
edited September 2008 in Commuting chat
Hi all.. just wondered if somebody could advise a decent saddle up to about £50?

I've been commuting pretty much every day since i bought my bike, but still get numb ars# which is fairly uncomfortable even with padded shorts on. i would have expected this to go away after being regular on the saddle..

Any advice appreciated :?:
Commuter Surosa Toledo S34 Audax
Best Bike Merida Road Race 901-18

In truth i love them both

Comments

• janm399
    janm399 Posts: 132
    I use a £20 more expensive Fizik Arione and it is a perfect fit. The best thing you can do is talk to you LBS before you buy a saddle and find out if they'd take a it back (for an exchange perhaps) if it didn't suit you.
    Computer geek, Manchester Wheelers' member since 2006
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    Before replacing the saddle check your bike is set up right - saddle tilted at correct angle, correct saddle height and possibly experiment with moving it back and forth.
  • janm399
    janm399 Posts: 132
    Yes, good point -- I assumed that the bike's set up to fit.
    Computer geek, Manchester Wheelers' member since 2006
  • I've spent quite a while setting up the saddle height properly, setting the handlebar reach away from the saddle. I'm happy that i've got everything set up spot on, but i still find the saddle uncomfortable.. forgot to mention the saddle i have is the bike makers own that came with the bike so maybe i just need to splash some cash on a decent one [off to my LBS now!!]
    Commuter Surosa Toledo S34 Audax
    Best Bike Merida Road Race 901-18

In truth i love them both