RLJs again

sc999cs
sc999cs Posts: 596
edited September 2008 in Commuting chat
I'm surprised I didn't see the following in the Daily Mail letter's page this week.
I couldn't believe my eyes the other day when I saw not one, but ninety one cyclists jumping a red light, paying absolutely no attention to any other road users. They then had the cheek to ride down on the wrong side of the road! Absolutely disgusting!

To make it worse there were around fifty police motorcyclists and did they do anything about this blatant breach of traffic laws by these criminals who don't pay road tax? You couldn't make it up, hanging's too good for them. The sooner this menace is banned from the roads the better. etc etc

Maybe they're saving it for tomorrow?
Steve C

Comments

• If I recall, the racers WERE in fact called to account by some noddy police jobsworth one year for going both sides of a roundabout and cutting the corners during a stage. Its not like they were in a hurry or anything.

Was that the year Boonen vowed never to come back, or was the time that the police motorcade forgot that someone (the World Champion at the time) had dropped back to change a wheel and left him to normal UK traffic another year?

Proud, so proud to be British.
  • I was curious when watching them tearing through a GATSO if they set it off, and more to the point.. if the team cars would get a ticket? :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter