New Owners at Man City

sicrow
sicrow Posts: 791
edited September 2008 in Campaign
You know I was really getting so fed up with this weather that doesn't seem to be improving and then I hear Man City have been bought by the Dubai Investment group with a wealth allegedly 6 times that of Abramovich

Now I hear we are buying Berbatov from under the noses of the rags

Good job city were included in the "who's going to win the Premiership" thread

Today has just got so much better
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

CTID

Comments

• sicrow wrote:
    You know I was really getting so fed up with this weather that doesn't seem to be improving and then I hear Man City have been bought by the Dubai Investment group with a wealth allegedly 6 times that of Abramovich

Now I hear we are buying Berbatov from under the noses of the rags

Good job city were included in the "who's going to win the Premiership" thread

Today has just got so much better
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

CTID

This will please me almost as much as it will you I think.

YID ARMY :roll: :P
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I hope City get relegated :wink:
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    edited September 2008
    cue a load of titheads dressed as arabs at citys next game

football truly is fupped
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I wonder if Berbatov will "sulk" at City - I am sure he would have preferred United.
  • fto-si
    fto-si Posts: 402
    There is a 'gentlemans agreement' with The Abu Dhabi United Group and not the Dubai Investment Group regarding the takeover of Manchester City.

And can you honestly see Berbatov wanting to go to Man City? He wants to improve chances of winning trophies.
    exercise.png
  • alfablue
    fto-si wrote:
    There is a 'gentlemans agreement' with The Abu Dhabi United Group and not the Dubai Investment Group regarding the takeover of Manchester City.

And can you honestly see Berbatov wanting to go to Man City? He wants to improve chances of winning trophies.
    No, I can't see it at all, but the rumours are suggesting that is where he is going, though it could be a last minute ploy to increase United's bid. It seems that Berbatov no longer wants to play at Spurs, maybe he will be seduced by the Abu Dhabi group's extravagent ambitions for the club...we shall soon know.
  • Berba's off to United...........
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde
  • fto-si
    fto-si Posts: 402
    Berba's off to United...........

My money is on him wearing the red of Utd by the midnight.

From what I can understand Spurs have acceped the £30M bid from City but the final decision is down to Berbatov himself.
    So a lower bid from United and the decision to join from Berbatov is probably on the cards.
    exercise.png
  • alfablue
    bu**er
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011

football truly is fupped

and has been since 1989 when we all had to sit down. :roll:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • City had permission to talk to him, he goes to Manchester - but goes to the United training ground instead. In the words of the song - I think there maybe trouble ahead...

Berbatov and Ferdinand together with their personal admin/principles, be like babysitting a couple of muppets.
  • alfablue wrote:
    bu**er

+1 to say the least. :evil:
  • a_n_t wrote:

football truly is fupped

and has been since 1989 when we all had to sit down. :roll:

and when sky got their filthy paws on it- football is now aimed squarely at the foam hands and replica shirt knobheads
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'

• and when sky got their filthy paws on it- football is now aimed squarely at the foam hands and replica shirt knobheads

Bring back Casuals with wedge haircuts :lol: ? Match of the Day on Saturday night for 5 mins of your team :evil: ?

Standing again? Thats what I want back 8) .
  • sicrow
    alfablue wrote:
    bu**er

+1 to say the least. :evil:

+2

However the rags are loaned up to the eyeballs and were not :lol:

Really Reddraggon I thought more of you as well :wink:

But tonight I don't care (and based on this even an Indian summers now due) CTID
  • I can't help the feeling that Robinho thinks he's signed for the other Manchester club. Someone's for it in the morning......................

But I bet Peter Kenyon is spitting feathers either way......love it!!
    Start Weight: 128 kilos (20.2 st) (April 17th 2009)
    Current Weight:119 kilos (18.7 st) (June 18th 2009)
    Target Weight: 92 kilos (14.5 st) (sometime mid-2010, hopefully sooner)
  • Yesterdays fish n' chip paper already...just put Sky Sports on to hear the latest from City and it's all about Keegan leaving Newcastle United. But we knew this was always going to happen didn't we?
  • And Joe Cole wins two-nil against Andorra

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • We could do with him doing it again tonight :lol:
  • We could do with him doing it again tonight :lol:

Another distraction from proper football, we arent playing again until Monday. Its beginning to feel like the off season again :evil: .
  • If Robinho does well for Man City then you can bet that Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd make a move for him eventually. No way he'll stay there if they're not realistically challenging for anything.
  • sicrow
    CheeseyJoe wrote:
    If Robinho does well for Man City then you can bet that Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd make a move for him eventually. No way he'll stay there if they're not realistically challenging for anything.

History will tell you that money does make the team challenge - whether they actually get there to the top is another thing but footballers being footballers will not turn their back on big money deals. City will splash the cash so will have a number of so called superstars within the next 12 months - the main issue is whether MH can get them gelling. They will be up in the mix in some form certainly - also remember Arsenal/United don't have funds to compete with DUI Group

personally I really hope it all works out but then I'm biased CTID
  • " also remember Arsenal/United don't have funds to compete with DUI Group "

Oh I dunno, they (and Liverpool) have the fan bas eto fall back on. City very often play to a half-empty CoMS. Added to that their histories, and you will see that City aren't that much of a draw except for the short-term financial gains. All three could find the money for a top player if they really needed to. It's going to be interesting, especially to see how Abramovich reacts - for me Chelsea are the real losers in with this new money.
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde