Dreams

marchant
marchant Posts: 362
edited September 2008 in Commuting chat
OK , maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but does/has anyone had any strange bike related dreams? A combination of watching too much Mythbusters (I can recommend the new series, coming soon to UK TV), bike deprivation (insurance money coming soon) and strong cheese at bedtime has led to some interesting dreams about weird and wonderful (and non-existent) bike shops.

Paging Dr Freud....

Comments

• I do have some strange Dreans, but I think you meant Dreams!
    If I do dream, they are inevitably weird, sometimes involve exotic women, or weird AND involve exotic women.
    Never dream't about bike shops :roll:
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • BUICK
    BUICK Posts: 362
    I have had quite a few cycling dreams. The last one I remember I was out on a brand new bike that had an entirely different type of brake lever on it! Which seemed really exciting at the time :oops:
    '07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
    '07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
    STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I have dreams about bikes almost every night! Last night I was riding an old but high quality steel framed racer in some kind of sportive through London and I struggled to come to a halt at a junction. The chap on the bike next to me sympathised about the pothole I'd apparently just hit. As we cycled away, I noticed that where there should be a number attached to the bike for the race, there was a flapping sheet of paper with £2899 on it.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    biondino wrote:
    I have dreams about bikes almost every night! Last night I was riding an old but high quality steel framed racer in some kind of sportive through London and I struggled to come to a halt at a junction. The chap on the bike next to me sympathised about the pothole I'd apparently just hit. As we cycled away, I noticed that where there should be a number attached to the bike for the race, there was a flapping sheet of paper with £2899 on it.

Awesome dream.

My most memorable bike dream was a re-creation of the time I was scalped by a Bianchi. Only this time I was on the Bianchi scalping myself. :shock: As I rode off classical music was the sound of the wind blowing. It was beautiful.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • It's definitely happened to me before. The worst, I think, was the one where my mum (also known as the cleaning harpy from hell), whom I haven't seen in a couple of years as we now live in different countries, appeared to visit and the first thing she complained about was my bike living in my room... I also had to prevent her from driving into my bike (at that point safely parked outside). Overprotectiveness over bike coming through just a bit?

Also, a classic from my other half - having just bought himself a tarty singlespeed, he wakes me up at 2am shouting 'Oi!', with lots of elbowing, to tell me something about tightening the chain (maybe, I can't say I remember the details), then promptly falls back asleep...
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    I had some weird dream about having my bike stolen, then I later found it with half the parts stripped off. I had to ride my mountain bike instead which in the dream extremely bulky and tank like. Then some other stuff happened and there were naked ladies...
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    As a kid I'd had my bike stolen and a few weeks later, the night before my birthday, I dreamt that I'd gone into the garden shed and found a brandspanking new bike. It was a cracker; the lightest, fastest bike ever. I rode around effortlessly at high speed, up the steepest hills - often 'taking off' at the tops.

When I woke the next morning, I belted down the stairs dead excited. As I hurriedly shoveled breakfast down my throat, my dad asked what I was doing that day. I told him I was going out on my bike. I was crushed when I was told that I didn't have a bike and didn't believe it. The dream had been so lucid that I'd had to go out to the shed and check. Sure enough there was no bike. :(

I don't normally remember dreams - why that one's stayed with me's strange.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • mtb.boy
    mtb.boy Posts: 208
    I keep having dreams where I am riding around town doing an endless wheelie.

Probably because I can only do a 1 metre one in real life.
    The first rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is.

The second rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is !!!!
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Never dreamt about cycling, though did dream I was playing for Galatasaray the other night, proving for once and for all that I don't look good in yellow and red

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • OMDG, what did I dream about last night?
    Bloody Bikes!
    Bring back the weird dreams with exotic women :-)
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Have the odd dream that I can do ridiculous trials type riding - four foot bunnyhops (can do 2ft max), endo "pogos" and all sorts.

Then I wake up... :cry: