Facebook - Yay or Nay?

howsmyriding27
howsmyriding27 Posts: 266
edited September 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I personally love it, but am beginning to think some people take it too far with some groups and discussions...

What do you think - good or bad?
Hardtails aren't called hardcore for no reason

Giant STP: http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1996804/
Spesh Hardrock: http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1996822/

Comments

• It's got people like Thomas Vanderham, Romaniuk, the Athertons, Stevie Smith on it!

And they want to be yor friends!
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • I never wanted it, then people started using it to post pictures from nights out and now I've been addicted for about 2 years.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • I never wanted it, then people started using it to post pictures from nights out and now I've been addicted for about 2 years.

Yeah, what he said...
    I am considerably more rock and roll than you.

Road. Mountain. Up hill and down dale...
  • I find it very usefull, and super easy! But with this new facebook about to become the only facebook I can see that changing very quickly..
  • Hate it. Rather be riding the bike.
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    myspace for me, but im a musician so its better for that
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    I'm on it and apparently have nearly 200 friends.

Makes me feel popular anyway... :wink::lol:
  • Was never addicted to it, but it takes a very long time to do very little on Facebook.

I left a while back, don't think I'll go back - you'll notice not a guarantee tho...
  • mbrfan
    mbrfan Posts: 239
    I just don't get it. It's like we've all regressed to the playground at primary school. "I'll be your friend if you'll be my friend. what toys have you got. Ooooh, don't talk to him, he's a poo-poo head."

Some of the networking sites like LinkedIn are getting like this too. They don't work for me, but maybe I'm just a grumpy get. But then I'm also a hypocrite, I spend a lot of my non-biking evenings reading this kind of stuff.

Decided today to stay at home, save all my money for the rest of the year and buy the Charge Duster Ti.

S
  • gthang
    gthang Posts: 293
    I never wanted it, then people started using it to post pictures from nights out and now I've been addicted for about 2 years.

Yeah, what he said...

Its great untill your Mrs, parents, boss, extended family etc. see the pictures.
  • hehe, parents dont do facebook etc, nor do extended family.
    and when the boss becomes an issue, just dont add them. or make pictures unviewabble to them. you can do that cant you?
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    Yes, but to ask is a bit like saying 'email - yay or nay' - it's just email 2.0 in my opinion.
  • rampax
    rampax Posts: 139
    I like the idea of it, but its SO SLOW / PAINFULL to use, it drives me mad.
    I thought the new version would be faster, but if anything its even worse.

Possibly the most infuriating site on the web.
    (but I still use it).
    The A6 Hazel Grove - "Always the worst part of any ride".
  • Yep I'm on there every day, mostly playing poker where I'm part of a group who play every night and put the world to rights.
    But...met a girl from Canada on there in March and we've been talking every day since,both on there and on the phone. So I'm off out there to spend New Years Eve with her :D
    So yeah Facebook gets my vote :lol:
    Don't like the new version though.
    =========================================

Dot 4 in the eye hurts. Trust me