Help needed with Windows Movie Maker

dan1983
dan1983 Posts: 314
edited September 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to import music into Windows Movie Maker? Where does the track need to be stored in order to do it?

I'm clicking on "Import Audio or Music" and it brings up my "My Music" folder. Now I'm assuming from here I would just click on the song I wanted to import?

But how do I get the song from CD into my My Music folder??

Thanks

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    To get a song from CD into WMM you'd first need to rip if from the CD onto your HDD then possibly convert into a file type that WMM can play with then finally import into WMM as you've described above except you don't need to store the audio file in My Music. I've got no music in My Music folder.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    dan1983 wrote:
    Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to import music into Windows Movie Maker? Where does the track need to be stored in order to do it?

I'm clicking on "Import Audio or Music" and it brings up my "My Music" folder. Now I'm assuming from here I would just click on the song I wanted to import?

But how do I get the song from CD into my My Music folder??

Thanks

Use an mp3 player that does conversion (like the old music match) from audio cds. Thats how I used to do it. Or failing that use the audio out from a cd player into your audio in on your soundcard and use the sound recorder (or similar program) to record it as a wavefile. WMM will accept .wav and .mp3

Be careful about copyright material though, places like youtube are clamping down after that recent court action and a few vids have been removed. If its just for personal use then I doubt you need worry :)
  • i thought your could choose the format of the song whan your rip in from disk? in the options menu?