downfader Posts: 3,686
edited September 2008 in Commuting chat
...in a tabloid??? :shock:

CLICK here
:)

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Hmmm, four horsemen have just ridden past my window. I think they might be related.
  • So before you wave a final goodbye to summer, it’s time to dust off your old bicycle and hit the road.

probably :roll:

sw
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...can only be good, and encourgement given to anyone who gives cycling a try... :)
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Any fan of Spiderman woudl know that the tabloids are fickle....this is presented as a fashion piece, next week she'll be writing about how shoulders pads are BACK!
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Well it's better than nothing I guess and the Mirror has a massive circulation.

£6k on a Chanel bike though - bet it's not as good as a Scott Genius Ltd (6" travel 22lb super MTB for the sameish price)!!
  • Courteney Cox has spent £6,000 on a Chanel bike for best friend Jennifer Aniston after Jen said she wanted to start cycling.

WTF!! :shock:

More money than sense these people.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Thing is she's got so much money that she could well have a lot of sense as well and just think "sod it, I'm rich, I'm going to get me a bling bike!" Fair play to her...

Having said that, I was expected it to be shiny and diamond encrusted, not this:

chanel_bike.jpg
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Oh, dear god, that's tragic.
  • You could almost get a custom Serotta for that money though!

MeiVici_06.jpg

I don't particularly like the look of that Serotta but come one, that Chanel thing is a joke. Wonder what the profit margin on that is? :shock:
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    biondino wrote:
    Thing is she's got so much money that she could well have a lot of sense as well and just think "sod it, I'm rich, I'm going to get me a bling bike!" Fair play to her...

Having said that, I was expected it to be shiny and diamond encrusted, not this:

chanel_bike.jpg

That is hiddeous....

They say "Created as part of Chanel's spring/summer 2008 collection, the 8-speed bicycle is ergonomically designed and incorporates the label's signature quilting and 'double-C' logo. "

Whooppeeeeee. :roll:

Matt.... somthing for the rip off thread me thinks :wink:
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • Got to be step in the right direction, better than the Matthew Paris article !

Would be good if they picked up as a health and fitness series of articles.
    "Save money, get fit"
    But that's what we have all been saying for years, sorry "singing to the choir"
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • chuckcork
    Got to be step in the right direction, better than the Matthew Paris article !

I can see the article now, re hatred of american actresses and the desire to decaptitate them with wire...
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    I take it you use the term 'actress' in it's loosest possible sense :lol:
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Actually the 6k doesn't get the bike bags which are optional extras for another...guess how much?

As for the Mirror article, I've been dying to drop a dress size for ages :wink:
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • I hope cycling's recent popularity does not go away as soon as we have the first few chilly days. I wonder how many new cyclist will put up with the winter chill?
  • downfader
    Kushtrim wrote:
    I hope cycling's recent popularity does not go away as soon as we have the first few chilly days. I wonder how many new cyclist will put up with the winter chill?

Very few. I garantee it.

I rode into work on monday, glorious morning, sun shining and warm. When I enter work I have to go through the car park and it was near empty that morning. Day later it was p***ing it down and what a surprise - nobody could park. :lol:
  • chuckcork
    downfader wrote:
    Kushtrim wrote:
    I hope cycling's recent popularity does not go away as soon as we have the first few chilly days. I wonder how many new cyclist will put up with the winter chill?

Very few. I garantee it.

Maybe their should be a sticky thread for the hard core commuters celebrating/commiserating their coldest, wettest etc rides to or from work?

(-4.5C and still cycled to work one day lasy year. Not a problem, trickier 3 days later after it had snowed though)
  • downfader
    chuckcork wrote:
    downfader wrote:
    Kushtrim wrote:

Very few. I garantee it.

Maybe their should be a sticky thread for the hard core commuters celebrating/commiserating their coldest, wettest etc rides to or from work?

(-4.5C and still cycled to work one day lasy year. Not a problem, trickier 3 days later after it had snowed though)

-1*C and slipped on ice and hurt my back and arse. I think I may have fractured my coccyx (spelling?) in the process too. :oops: That was back in december

Wettest was last summer and was so wet halfway home that I just thought "might as well carry on" :lol:
  • chuckcork
    downfader wrote:

-1*C and slipped on ice and hurt my back and ars*. I think I may have fractured my coccyx (spelling?) in the process too. :oops: That was back in december

Wettest was last summer and was so wet halfway home that I just thought "might as well carry on" :lol:

Doesn't have to be cold to slip, I did it on leaves in a November a few years back. Of course it was cold enough at the time, I was wearing so much clothing I didn't have a scratch, fractured arm at the wrist and little finger on the opposite hand were a bugger though, was off the bike 3 weeks :cry: until I got fed up with walking/public transport and started cycling to work again :yay

Can't describe my wettest. Just heavy rain/sleet for nearly an hour at about 3C in a blsutery gale, next to a 100kph highway with long open stretches.

Good test of rain gear! Recommend Pearl Izumi Amfibs if you can find and afford them as a result.