commute

Stumpjumper25
Stumpjumper25 Posts: 156
edited September 2008 in Women
Do any of you other ladies commute?

I started 6 wks ago 21 mile round trip twice a week. thinking of driving half way on the other days just so i'm getting more miles in.

I 'm trying to get fitter get some weight off as i found out that i've a underactive thyroid.

Comments

• linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    I cycle to work occasionally and hoping to increase regularity - about the same distance as you but all uphill on the way! Takes some thinking about as I am a teacher and have very [oor facilities to shower / change etc when I get there. Keep at it though, and think of the money you'll save on fuel!!
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • My route has a bit of everything but on the way to work it seems more uphill.
    Yes have thought of the fuel that i'll save.
    With the weather getting wetter and darker mornings it will take some thinking about, though the drive half way plan seems to look attractive.
  • linsen wrote:
    I cycle to work occasionally and hoping to increase regularity - about the same distance as you but all uphill on the way! Takes some thinking about as I am a teacher and have very [oor facilities to shower / change etc when I get there. Keep at it though, and think of the money you'll save on fuel!!

I would love to cycle to work but like you am a teacher and it is just not practical with usual lesson planning folder, set of books, coursework for marking and laptop. Oh and forgot my lunch as school lunch is undescribable. That and I live five miles away not a long distance but uphill all the way from home and it is a killer as I did attempt it is part of my evening route but will stick to the circuit the other way :shock:
    If every action has an equal and opposite reaction does that mean I will be eaten by a fly?
  • I'm ok on the shower front, i have a locker with all the stuff i need.

Off to see if i will be able to park the car in this car park an not get back to find it's been clamped.

Think it's time to change the tyres now which ones?