Riding partners without joining a club

bluecow
bluecow Posts: 306
edited September 2008 in Training, fitness and health
As it says on the tin, is there a section here i can scout for ride partners? I dont really want to join a club but would like some company/pacing for a weekend 80 miler. My usual is 200 miles a week so im not too lazy but could do with a push from someone with me. I want to up my average speed from 14 to 16 mph.
In north manchester, any age/sex etc will do. Preferably with a nice bum for something to look at when you are in front :) (joke)

Comments

• why not try a few runs with local club(s) to see how it goes?

you may be surprised how friendly, helpful and non-elitist; they can be

Esp around north manchester area
    I want to climb hills so badly;
    and I climb hills so badly
  • ElLawro
    ElLawro Posts: 59
    I'm 25 miles north of Manc, i sound a similar pace. As for the rest......beauty is in the eye of the beholder :lol:
  • Hi,

I live in North Manchester (Little Lever just before Bolton). I would be prepared to give it ago. I am not a member of a club and do a lot of ridng. Sportives - etc. I do a similar mileage a week as I commute to Manchester when working and do several 3 hour training runs a week when not at work.

Tom
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    why not try a few runs with local club(s) to see how it goes?

you may be surprised how friendly, helpful and non-elitist; they can be

Esp around north manchester area

Seconded. If you haven't tried going on a club run, why not give it a go ?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Like the others, a club is a group of cyclists. They're interested in exactly the same thing as you. So why not join in? A good club will be fun and interested in the same things as you.
  • where in north manchester are you Lanashire Road Club is in Bolton lots of club rides there and nice people me included Check there site www.lancsroadclub.org.uk/ and look under events rides on saturday & sunday and tues and thurs in the week alway lots going on.