Meet Rock Racing at Harrods

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2008 in Pro race
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... fans-18227

No mention if they're bringing the independent laydeez with them. Mr Ball, if you're reading this you know it makes sense.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    LOL at first I misread it...

"Meet Rock Racing at Halfords"
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Dammit, I may be away that day.

I wanted to meet Tyler to tell him I believe.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • NJK
    NJK Posts: 194
    Jez mon wrote:

I thought a pharmacy like boots would have been more appropriate or transfusion unit of a NHS hospital. :(
  • Jez mon wrote:

No that's on the Tuesday...
  • iainf72
    NJK wrote:

I thought a pharmacy like boots would have been more appropriate or transfusion unit of a NHS hospital. :(

They have independent anti-doping just like Columbia, Garmin, CSC and Astana you know.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    You know what's really wrong...after reading that, I really want a "london rocks" kit :oops:

Hopefully they'll sell some Trucker Hats, the one piece of rock racing kit i can almost justify buying....until they reveal postage from America is 50 dowa :twisted:
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Rock Racing & Harrods .

Over-priced, over-rated, tacky, full of shady characters and run by an absolute loon. The other is a cycling team.

An inspired match.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • LangerDan wrote:
    Rock Racing & Harrods .

Over-priced, over-rated, tacky, full of shady characters and run by an absolute loon. The other is a cycling team.

An inspired match.

And also past their best.....
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    So who's going to buy "a limited edition Harrods Team Kit...designed specifically for the London store in their signature green and gold colors."

And should I hate them and let their tyres down?
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • iainf72
    I wonder if LPR are putting in an appearance at Harvey Nicks?
  • LangerDan
    iainf72 wrote:
    I wonder if LPR are putting in an appearance at Harvey Nicks?

LPR make brakes, not poncey denims. They'll be doing a photoshoot at your local Quik-Fit.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    "You can't get quicker than an LPR doper" ?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72 wrote:
    NJK wrote:

They have independent anti-doping just like Columbia, Garmin, CSC and Astana you know.

They need one, with the crazy gang on their books. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • LangerDan wrote:
    Rock Racing & Harrods .

An inspired match.
    You forgot criminal (I think)
    Great post BTW, you raise the bar once again. You are dermot morgan aren't you? Fr Ted lives (and rocks)
    Dan
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    I wouldn't mind going to check them out and getting a shirt or two.. Just because they are cooler then all of you doesn't mean they suck :o

lol and I hardly think they will bring the rock girls from the U.S when they can get some skanky uk trash for a few quid.. all they have gotta do is stand around and look pretty and perform sexual favours on request..
    cartoon.jpg
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    what do you mean on request, i thought usually they didn't even need an invitation...
  • LangerDan
    Doobz wrote:
    I wouldn't mind going to check them out and getting a shirt or two.. Just because they are cooler then all of you doesn't mean they suck :o

lol and I hardly think they will bring the rock girls from the U.S when they can get some skanky uk trash for a few quid.. all they have gotta do is stand around and look pretty and perform sexual favours on request..

Thats the sort of "shop local" attitude that leads to Kerry Katona. The Rock Racing girls seem to carry off the perma-tanned hooker look with a little more aplomb.

Given that over the years we have had Robert Millar, Shelley Verses and Paul Scott of ACE , among others, on the forum, what are the chances of getting one of the the Rock girls posting here ( and NOT for £2.20/min, network charges may apply).

(Even if it did happen, I'd have the nagging doubt that it might turn out to be Howard P. under another of his pseudonyms)
  • Given that over the years we have had Robert Millar, Shelley Verses and Paul Scott of ACE , among others, on the forum, what are the chances of getting one of the the Rock girls posting here ( and NOT for £2.20/min, network charges may apply).

(Even if it did happen, I'd have the nagging doubt that it might turn out to be Howard P. under another of his pseudonyms)[/quote

I'd trade them all in for a bit of Vicky P. I'm jealous because since the Olympics the number of people oggling her has increased sevenfold :(
  • flybywire
    flybywire Posts: 575
    What's with the team kit? what does it stand for?

http://shop.rockracing.com/pl/c/15.html

weird :?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    1128_black_l.jpg

Oooooo! A skull. That's so tough and scary :roll:

Still, the use of just three colours is better than Euro-dayglo kits peddling laminate flooring or bottled gas.
  • I'd trade them all in for a bit of Vicky P. I'm jealous because since the Olympics the number of people oggling her has increased sevenfold :([/quote]

Well do you know what I got for my birthday last week?
    A signed framed poster by Vicky P: "To Dan, With best wishes and lots of love"
    :) :shock:
    Dan
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Will they let me in, in my 'Dopers Rock Off Home' t-shirt ?
  • Doobz
    crikey :shock:

http://www.rockracing.com/races/london-rocks/index.php :shock: :shock: :shock:
    cartoon.jpg
  • iainf72
    I've never wanted Rock Racing kit.

Until today!
  • Doobz
    will be expensive me thinks.. I wonder if they will have it online @ harrods
    cartoon.jpg
  • Eurostar wrote:
    So who's going to buy "a limited edition Harrods Team Kit...designed specifically for the London store in their signature green and gold colors."

And should I hate them and let their tyres down?

Harrods used to sponsor a UK-based pro squad some years ago, which, as far as I recall, sank without trace after about a season.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • LangerDan wrote:
    Rock Racing & Harrods .

An inspired match.

Harrods-bashing? There must be an MI5/Royal Family conspiracy involved in that post! You are Prince Philip, and I claim my £5 (Continued on pages 3-25 of the Daily Express)!

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    Yep harrods have had a UK based pro team in the past, think John Tanner rode for them but could be wrong. Anyone good on their history of 90's UK elite teams on here?
  • Know that Harrods 1998 line up had Gordon MacCauley, Matt Stephens and Chris Lillywhite in it and was managed by Sid Barras. Am sure Kevin Dawson rode for them the following year, as I seem to remember him in a Harrods kit.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan wrote:
    Rock Racing & Harrods .

An inspired match.

Harrods-bashing? There must be an MI5/Royal Family conspiracy involved in that post! You are Prince Philip, and I claim my £5 (Continued on pages 3-25 of the Daily Express)!

David

Damn, one has been caught out. Here, have some of that bloody money stuff with a picture of ones wife and don't bother me again. One has contacts who can give a commoner given a damn good thrashing....