Comments

• Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    I BELIEVE!!!!

What are they doing it holding it during the Veulta. Silly little americans
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Not that tyler ? Please god thought he had buggered off ? Did he dedicate his win to tugboat ?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Cool.

Rock Racing are going to do him a special "bad ass" champions jersey.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • An old doper, with the emphasis on old, is hardly the poster boy for US cycling that many would like. I like the idea of a skull super-imposed on the stars and stripes, though. Somehow apt.
    Still, they won't have to take out a court order to get a rider in the Tour of Georgia, next season. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    What the difference between the RR winner and the TT winner?

Well, the RR winner got caught...

Maybe Rock Racing wil release his blood test results soon to upset everyone
  • iainf72
    Just so you don't forget

"I knew I had a chance, that's why I took yesterday off with the time trial," said Hamilton about his decision to only contest the road race. "I am an Olympic champion in time trial but I decided to save my energy for today. I wanted to be a strong helper for Fred Rodriguez who has won this before or take a chance myself."

"[Tyler] was with us at the top of the last climb and was able to get away in the breakaway," said Hincapie. "I think it was a big mistake for Garmin and the way they rode, but that is racing. [Tyler] has been through a lot and it's a good victory for him."
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    He's the Olympic champion in self-delusion.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • cougie
    Aw bless poor little Tyler. Yeah he has been through a lot hasnt he. Like 113 days of doping in a single year. And his dog of course....

Why would Hincapie have any sympathy for the guy ?
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:

No, he is the Olympic champion whether people like it or not.

:wink:
  • iainf72
    cougie wrote:
    Why would Hincapie have any sympathy for the guy ?

Are you being sarcastic?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

He's an Olympic gold medal winner, but he's not the Champion anymore........
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • DaveyL
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

He's not the Olympic champion, he's a very naughty boy!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:
    He's not the Olympic champion, he's a very naughty boy!

hehe.

Good thread on CuttingEdgeMuscle forums about a multiple medal winner in the pool at Beijing...
  • DaveyL
    Rebecca Adlington?
    :D
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    That forum makes my stomach turn. Still, I learnt a new word, acromegaly. I've seen some cyclists and many rugby players and premiership footballers with this condition.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    Any idea who real gains is?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Interesting to note that the thread on CEM started with a query on dominant performances in swimming AND track cycling but the remainder of the thread focussed solely on Phelps. One thing the posters on Phelps seem to have forgotten in linking his physical appearance to alleged doping is that he seems to have been a jug-eared goblin since his early teens - its not a recent phenomenon with him.

mididoctors - if you find out who RealGains is, you might let WADA know. Theres probably a finders fee.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    LangerDan wrote:
    Interesting to note that the thread on CEM started with a query on dominant performances in swimming AND track cycling but the remainder of the thread focussed solely on Phelps. One thing the posters on Phelps seem to have forgotten in linking his physical appearance to alleged doping is that he seems to have been a jug-eared goblin since his early teens - its not a recent phenomenon with him.

mididoctors - if you find out who RealGains is, you might let WADA know. Theres probably a finders fee.

claims to have been around the postals and disco "i was there"

but as you say

deeply irritating twat....
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • UK athletic's coach has just been fired for mediocre Olympic's medal haul.
    I reckon Real Gains is just the candidate for the post.
    Bet he'd get on well, with Christine O. :roll:

Seems to have a real bee in his bonnet, for that American cyclist, I'm not allowed to mention, too. :wink:

Perhaps all optimists/niave FB's should take a peek at that site!
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Why am I so weak?

Why do I feel nothing but contempt for Hamilton, disgracing his national jersey, but quite like that Millar is in his? I know it's because I (naively) believe that Millar repented and that Tyler was simply so unlucky to have absorbed his twin (the only legal defence that I recall based on a James Herbert novel!) but I also know that deep down there's no real difference.

Wilful, knowing cheating is wilful knowing cheating.

Still like DM, though........Oh Poo

Ben
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    nice finish for a pretty cool guy.. He deserves his win
    cartoon.jpg
  • cougie
    Why ?

For services to fiction ?
  • Jez mon
    Why am I so weak?

Why do I feel nothing but contempt for Hamilton, disgracing his national jersey, but quite like that Millar is in his? I know it's because I (naively) believe that Millar repented and that Tyler was simply so unlucky to have absorbed his twin (the only legal defence that I recall based on a James Herbert novel!) but I also know that deep down there's no real difference.

Ben

TBF DM, seems riding clean and speaking out against cheats. He admitted pretty much everything and gave back a Worlds Jersey (IIRC!).

Hamilton OTOH, has turned his cheating into a profit making venture with all the "I believe" sh!te. OK he may well be clean now, but he still thinks of himself as an olympic champion.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Jez mon wrote:
    Why am I so weak?

Ben

TBF DM, seems riding clean and speaking out against cheats. He admitted pretty much everything and gave back a Worlds Jersey (IIRC!).

Hamilton OTOH, has turned his cheating into a profit making venture with all the "I believe" sh!te. OK he may well be clean now, but he still thinks of himself as an olympic champion.

DM may well be riding clean and speaking out now but if you go back to his interviews before he was caught, he was vitriolic in his condemnation of dopers then too. It also took a long while to remove the "2003 World TT champion" tag from the "itsmillartime" website.

The difference between Millar and Hamilton may be much as Irish playright and p!sshead Brendan Behan was supposed to have said on one of his court appearances :"Which would your Honour find less offensive - if I made an insincere apology or if I made no apology at all?"

Not sure how Hamilton turned into a teak-legged circuit racer, though.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Jez mon
    LangerDan wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    Why am I so weak?

Ben

DM may well be riding clean and speaking out now but if you go back to his interviews before he was caught, he was vitriolic in his condemnation of dopers then too. It also took a long while to remove the "2003 World TT champion" tag from the "itsmillartime" website.

The difference between Millar and Hamilton may be much as Irish playright and p!sshead Brendan Behan was supposed to have said on one of his court appearances :"Which would your Honour find less offensive - if I made an insincere apology or if I made no apology at all?"

Not sure how Hamilton turned into a teak-legged circuit racer, though.

Fair enough but he still did it. TBH it must be difficult to hand a rainbow jersey back, when you know that the other riders where probably on hot sauce as well, at least he did it.

As for Millar being anti drugs before his ban, well, every rider was "anti drugs" but now Millar is putting his money where his mouth is with Team Garmin
  • iainf72
    Jez mon wrote:

But he is the Olympic champion. You can even look it up

He couldn't admit it now - There is just no way. And there's no point wringing hands and thinkining he scum or a tosser or whatever. Did you see much more noble behaviour from people implicated in Puerto? How about nice man Jan? Oh no, he didn't know Fuentes but he gave him some charity?

Like the now-Garmin doctor says, nice guys like Tyler dope too.
  • cougie
    Jan isnt in the sport now though is he ? Tyler still is - tainting it.

If he's never admitted to doping - why should we think that he's still not doping ?
    All of that 'I believe' rubbish.... Pah. Sooner he retires the better.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    iainf72 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:

But he is the Olympic champion. You can even look it up

He's not the Olympic Champion.

Chinny is the Olympic Champion.

Hamilton is a past winner of the TT gold medal......
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    Geez guys, he served his ban, and is free to ride just like Millar.
    Past sins are in the past, I hope, no point of looking back, since it won't change anything.
    Garmin losing this race with their dominant man power was very surprising, very bad tactics apparently.