If you want to watch the Vuelta!

BC_68
BC_68 Posts: 7
edited September 2008 in Pro race
Channel 795 on Sky, TVEi so Spanish commentary....................

Comments

• claudb
    claudb Posts: 212
    It's also live on cycling.tv with only the 'Premium' subscription - i.e. not the extra 'Vuelta' subscription (strange Australian commentary though).
  • deltadawn
    deltadawn Posts: 168
    http://cyclingfans.com/ has posted start order and times for the TTT today. They say they'll be putting up alternate video streams also.

Dawn
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    BC_68 wrote:

With Pedro Delgado (who climb the main "puertos" before the mountains stages, speaking about them)
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    [Beavis & Butthead mode] Huh huh, he said "Puerto", huh huh... [/Beavis & Butthead mode]
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • sloxam
    sloxam Posts: 861
    are there any highlight shows on any channels?
    i hate hills (cos i'm fat)

www.justgiving.com/steven-loxam/
  • BC_68 wrote:

dont suppose you know if thats every day do you?i suspect the vuelta coverage on eurosport will be decimated by the US tennis so the hunt for alternatives is on....
  • TVE International on teletwxt should help

http://www.rtve.es/tve/teletexto/index.html
  • claudb
    claudb Posts: 212
    claudb wrote:
    It's also live on cycling.tv with only the 'Premium' subscription - i.e. not the extra 'Vuelta' subscription (strange Australian commentary though).

Well it was on Saturday night but I can't get it now with only 'Premium'. It requires 'Silver', 'Gold', or 'Vuelta' subscription.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    they're showing it on Eurosport. Although, does the race get much better? Never really watched the Vuelta before, Giro always looks exciting as does The Tour, but this really doesn't look too exciting. Perhaps it's the terrain and roads, they always look like main roads with loads of crash barriers and hard shoulders etc......
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    hammerite wrote:
    they're showing it on Eurosport. Although, does the race get much better? Never really watched the Vuelta before, Giro always looks exciting as does The Tour, but this really doesn't look too exciting. Perhaps it's the terrain and roads, they always look like main roads with loads of crash barriers and hard shoulders etc......

The route this year is better than 2007 (many stages in the north), anyway always worse than giro or tour (Unipublic don´t dare to include good stages mountains)

Another way to wacth the Vuelta is www.rtve.es online and for free
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    Victor, could you give a direct link for the video at RTVE, I don't understand Spanish.
    Thanks!
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Arkibal wrote:
    Victor, could you give a direct link for the video at RTVE, I don't understand Spanish.
    Thanks!
    It's right on the top of the home page: "Sigue la tercera etapa de la Vuelta: Jaén - Córdoba " directo = live
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Just remember to tune in 45 minutes late, or else prepare to fall asleep before the finish.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • FJS
    sloxam wrote:
    are there any highlight shows on any channels?
    Flemish public TV has highlights online (also of the Tour of Germany by the way):

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza.be/wielrennen

'wedstrijdverslag' = highlights; 'laatste kilometer' = last kilometer (in fulll)
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    FJS wrote:
    Arkibal wrote:
    Thanks!
    It's right on the top of the home page: "Sigue la tercera etapa de la Vuelta: Jaén - Córdoba " directo = live

I'm now blind too, since I didn't see anything like that there, and I still don't understand Spanish.
    If there is a direct link, can someone post it please.
  • FJS
    Arkibal wrote:
    FJS wrote:
    Arkibal wrote:
    Thanks!

I'm now blind too, since I didn't see anything like that there, and I still don't understand Spanish.
    If there is a direct link, can someone post it please.

Well, it's not there anymore now, as it isn't live now, but I bet it will reappear during the last hours of todays stage. I'll post the direct link if it does, but it might well be a different URL every day.
    By the way, the video opened but didn't actually load for me. I thought it was my slow connection and had work to do, but hear others had the same issue.. perhaps you need to be in Spain to watch it? Or the Bikeradar masses completely overburdened them :wink:
  • That's probably more likely the case!
  • hammerite wrote:
    You poor fellas at work and cannot watch it live are not missing much as it has been very boring so far, particularly as compared with the Tour of Ireland.