Tour Of Britain London Stage 1

NWLondoner
NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
edited September 2008 in Pro race
Is anyone here going to see the Opening stage of the Tour Of Britain in London next Sunday??

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I probably will.

Not sure who I'll hurl abuse at though.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • NWLondoner
    iainf72 wrote:
    I probably will.

Not sure who I'll hurl abuse at though.

Well it won't be Mark Cavendish anyway :twisted:
  • iainf72
    No, that's what's confusing me. He was my first choice.

Oh well.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Don't you dislike Wiggo almost as much as Cavendish?

I imagine Bob will be in Missouri, so that's another target gone.
  • iainf72
    afx237vi wrote:
    Don't you dislike Wiggo almost as much as Cavendish?

I reckon Wiggins can fight - He grew up in Kilburn (pfft, Maida Vale, they're not fooling me) and I used to live around there so I reckon he's tougher than expected. I can't fight, I've just got a big gob.

Maybe I'll just try and enjoy the cycling? And hope Rock Racing win the stage.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I'm going. Will try to get there early and watch the British elite race beforehand, although a BBQ the night before and the lack of will power to say "no more beer please", will probably mean I arrive with just a couple of laps to go of the Tour!
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    I shall certainly be there. Dissapointed rock racing are making an appearance. Might come up with a witty banner if I have some time. "*ock racing".... Maybe not.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • SBR
    SBR Posts: 17
    The road surface on parts of the circuit is dire. Especially between Blackfriars and Tower Hill where there are some serious craters. . Should be some knackered bikes. No doubt TFL will keep the speed cameras operating and fine everyone they can
  • NWLondoner
    SBR wrote:
    The road surface on parts of the circuit is dire. Especially between Blackfriars and Tower Hill where there are some serious craters. . Should be some knackered bikes. No doubt TFL will keep the speed cameras operating and fine everyone they can

I was thinking about that too when i was trying to avoid them on Saturday. A bloody awlful stretch of tarmac.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    I ride down there every day to work and you're right! Awful!, infact the road surface for my whole journey is bloody awful, 25 meters of smooth tarmac on a 12mile ride to work is a joke!
  • i will go but i hope that dope pattachi doesnt win!
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    iainf72 wrote:
    No, that's what's confusing me. He was my first choice.

Oh well.

Such a pity as well as i am sure you would have taken great delight in shouting to him that he would never make it a top class sprinter......................em um ok maybe not :-)

cheers
    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !