Bike to Work Scheme - Employers provide Cycle Parking or Not

Slipknotjonny
Slipknotjonny Posts: 197
edited August 2008 in Road beginners
I am due to present the case for providing access to one of the cycle to work schemes to my employers.

Their main area of concern regarding the scheme is that they can not provide anywhere to park cycles at work.

Therefore, I would like to be able to present them with some evidence that the inability to provide cycle parking should not be a bar to adopting the scheme.

I would be very grateful if those, whose employers are providing the scheme, can let me know if their employers are providing cycle parking facilities also, especially those in Centtral London.

I work in Mayfair and have counted something in the region of 30 bike stands within a 1 minute walk of the premises. I suspect that the uptake of the scheme would be fairly low in any event.

The employer currently provides interest free season ticket loans; this is possibly a simplistic view, but the provision of a season ticket loan does not guarantee a seat on the train, or that the train will run or indeed that one will be safe whilst using the train - a reasonable analogy or not ?

I would be really grateful for your help with this.

Thanks

I HAVE ALSO POSTED THIS IN COMMUTERS, APOLOGIES FOR THE DUPLICATION BUT I NEED AS MUCH FEEDBACK AS POSSIBLE

SJ
weight.png

Comments

• saif
    saif Posts: 100
    My Employer has provided a cycle shed which is within the view of security cams. The work place also has a shower facility