Sun 7 September - Midlands ride

robgul
robgul Posts: 1,651
It's the MacRide at Stratford - as has appeared in my sig line.

Now in it's 4th year it's a great ride around quiet South Warwickshire countryside, with a bit of a challenge in the North Cotswolds on the longer distance.

We're promoting it as "audax style" ... with a bit of sportive thrown in (several of the local clubs join the ride each year as their Sunday run)

Great day - excellent refreshments, unlimited free parking at the start/finish (just off the M40) ... and most importantly a great cause. Just 8 quid to enter.

STOP PRESS : The local Stratford-upon-Avon freesheet has just popped through the door - see http://www.stratfordobserver.co.uk/news53932.html for more info.

Thanks ... and look forward to seeing loads of riders.

Rob

Comments

• I'll be trhere as usual Rob.
    Came a crpper today, no idea how.Now Need a new helmet, have a huge case of road rash on my LHS (backside up to and including shoulder) (they only laid the gravel about 6-8 weeks ago) and a very very sore and gouged out elbow. I think that staying in bed tommow is going to be the only viable option. Am seizing up already. Was brought home (bike + me)in the good samaritans enormous volvo. Scotch by the bedside for anaesthsia. MRS 46213 is still in hospital so she's unlikely to get a visit from me unless teh scotch has miracle curative powers (will test the theory VERY shortly). Fortuantely the young 'un is staying with aunty so doesn't have to view raw meat or listen to me giving myself sympathy! :oops:
    2 minute grovels can sometimes be a lot longer..tho' shorter on a lighter bike :-)

Ride the Route Ankerdine Hill 2008

http://peterboroughbigband.webplus.net/index.html
  • robgul
    Good to hear that you'll be there John ... but you need to pay more attention when cycling and not fall off :(

We're expecting a few of the road clubs to be doing MacRide as their "Sunday run" on 7 Sept ... all being well there'll be a listing in The Comic

Rob
  • robgul
    Quick reminder - you can enter online at the website ... or just turn up on the day.

Rob
  • i'll be there

i did it fixed last year so for a new challenge i'm doing two laps of the 100km route this year

just off to phil and friends now for final preparation!

chapeau
  • Gary D
    Gary D Posts: 431
    i'll be there

i did it fixed last year so for a new challenge i'm doing two laps of the 100km route this year

just off to phil and friends now for final preparation!

chapeau

Show off!! :wink::wink:

I will be there. First time for me. Doing the 100k.

Gary.
    Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:
  • robgul
    Almost there ... online entries close at 1700 on Friday ... but you can turn up and enter on the day.

Please come and enjoy a ride supporting a great cause - Macmillan Cancer Support

Rob
  • See you there on the 100km.
    I'll be the one in ALL my wet weather gear..... :shock:
    Spring!
    Singlespeeds in town rule.