Live ride results

patchnpuki
patchnpuki Posts: 8
I'm doing my first big ride in a long time tomorrow (Phil and friends 150km). My wife is currently abroad and is worried about me dropping dead on the way round as I am so old now! Anyway yesterday I had a brainwave, create a website which I can access from my mobile so she can keep up with my progress. I have finally got something working. Anyone else who wants to use it feel free. I can easily add more routes if anyone is interested.

This is the site:

http://www.patchnpuki.x10hosting.com/tag/index.php

You need to register first (just username and password), then you can play around with the Test route. Phil and friends will become active tomorrow.

Comments

• richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    How is this better than sending a sms/text?
    Rich
  • RichA wrote:
    How is this better than sending a sms/text?

It's one click, so easier and quicker than a text and also all users can see everyone else's progress. Just hope I can get a signal in the middle of the peak district. I'm off up to Sheffield now so will be offline until tomorrow night.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Draft the texts in advance. Hit "send" to send.

It would be good if the mobile was 'tracked' on a map.
    Rich
  • I'd rather divorce than using something like that!

Let her get worried... it's good for relationships!

I certainly never call my girlfriend when I'm on my bike (or after) and always flirt with her friends when she's around... that keeps her on her tiptoes
    left the forum March 2023
  • I'd rather divorce than using something like that!

Let her get worried... it's good for relationships!

I certainly never call my girlfriend when I'm on my bike (or after) and always flirt with her friends when she's around... that keeps her on her tiptoes

Spoken like a true Italian!

My worrying wife gave me the idea initially, but it evolved into a system that could be used by any riders who have a phone with internet access (almost all phones now, very few have built in GPS required for InstaMapper) that they can use to see how other riders are getting on during the ride.