Hour record holder positive

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2008 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    what a dumb positive
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    It really is a bit of a shame that such a crappy rider holds the hour record. Someone should suggest the idea to Cancellara.
  • Birillo
    Birillo Posts: 417
    His hour record was a classic "rider emerges from obscurity to beat the World's best" story. We've all been waiting for this happy ending.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    When he broke the hour record, plenty were raising eyebrows. Now we're tapping the sides of our noses.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    So now he's just like Merckx and Aunquetil.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Kléber wrote:
    When he broke the hour record, plenty were raising eyebrows. Now we're tapping the sides of our noses.

Indeed. At the time there was talk of big cranks, 500m track, he's 6' 5" - but a nobody like him doesn't get a record like that. Shame is, he'll keep it will Boardman asked for his samples to be frozen so everyone was sure it was clean.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Is it possible he was just a Crystal Meth addict?
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    RichN95 wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

Indeed. At the time there was talk of big cranks, 500m track, he's 6' 5" - but a nobody like him doesn't get a record like that. Shame is, he'll keep it will Boardman asked for his samples to be frozen so everyone was sure it was clean.

Graeme Obree?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • [quote="DaveyL but a nobody like him doesn't get a record like that.

:? Is that a double negative :?
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I didn't say that!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    dulldave wrote:
    So now he's just like Merckx and Aunquetil.

lol
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    DaveyL wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

Graeme Obree?

A good point.

However, I'd argue that Obree's achievement was as much about his genius as a bike designer as his athletic ability. Plus he was always an outsider in the sport.

Sosenka on the other hand did the athlete's record. He's been on a pro team for years and achieved little. He certainly doesn't have Boardman's pedigree
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • 16simon
    16simon Posts: 154
    DaveyL wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    Graeme Obree?

Graeme Obree went on to repeat his hour record win, and gain world track titles, so not really a good example.