Scott bikes renege?

donrhummy
donrhummy Posts: 2,329
edited August 2008 in Pro race
Something smells fishy here. Scott bikes backed out of sponsorship of Saunier-Duval. I'm betting it has something to do with not being invited to Vuelta and possibly other big races this year (which is all Scott was sponsoring).

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id= ... news/08-28

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    They are in talks to back Columbia. You choose: back Cavendish and Gerdemann or Cobo, and Piepoli?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    And Giant put their money into Rabobank. Its like a merry go round !
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Could also pitch for CSC if Cervelo do their own thing
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Probably more to do with the fact that its impossible to conjure up an image of a Scott without seeing some ne'er-do-well sitting on top, which really isn't a good marketting image.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Well, US Beef have plenty of choice. Colnago will want to keep a high profile in the peloton. They've been at the top for eons, it seems.
    Time will be without Credit Agricole.
    There are a number of US manufacturers in the wings.
    Here's a link to an interesting list of all the prospective suppliers:-
    http://www.itsallaboutcycling.com/index ... rands.html
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Well, US Beef have plenty of choice. Colnago will want to keep a high profile in the peloton. They've been at the top for eons, it seems.

I'd assume they'll be supplying the new Russian super team?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    ... Time will be without Credit Agricole.

Credit Agricole ride on Look frames :D
    www.dotcycling.com
  • iainf72
    iainf72 wrote:
    Well, US Beef have plenty of choice. Colnago will want to keep a high profile in the peloton. They've been at the top for eons, it seems.

I'd assume they'll be supplying the new Russian super team?

I assumed wrong - They've going to be on Ridleys.

It really is musical bikes this year isn't it?

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... otto-18248
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Whoah, I can't believe ridley's dumping Silence! I'm betting it's due to two things:

1. They have worked very closely with McEwen for a long time and seem to really enjoy his input (judging from their writeups in articles and advertisements) into their bikes more than input from any other rider. He's going to the russian team.

2. Cadel's breakdown emotionally. Not a good representative of a Ridley rider on camera.
  • I had a chat with Columbia Team Mechanic in Dublin on wed - yip they are on Scott & Shimano next year. Columbia are currently riding the 2009 Giant that Rabo will be getting next year. Interestingly all the 2009 Shimano Dura Ace was used for tour and olympics but has been recalled with european bike shows coming up. So lads back on 2008 Dura Ace for now.
  • emadden wrote:
    ... Time will be without Credit Agricole.

Credit Agricole ride on Look frames :D

Cofidis then....... I always get those two frames mixed up! :oops:
    Now Ridley do a runner.

What's going on this year? More bike changes than Michael Rasmussen in a Tour trial.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    What's going on this year? More bike changes than Michael Rasmussen in a Tour trial.

Spesh look likely to be what Saxo-Bank use, but they losing Gerolsteiner so it'll still be 2 big squads riding them. Scott going to Columbia and American Beef going away (maybe)

I was going to say no one at the top end was on Colnago but then I remembered Milram :roll:
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    donrhummy wrote:
    Whoah, I can't believe ridley's dumping Silence! I'm betting it's due to two things:

1. They have worked very closely with McEwen for a long time and seem to really enjoy his input (judging from their writeups in articles and advertisements) into their bikes more than input from any other rider. He's going to the russian team.

2. Cadel's breakdown emotionally. Not a good representative of a Ridley rider on camera.

You'd have to be pretty sad to say - 'huh - I'm not riding a ridley cos that aussie bloke got arsey when people tried to touch his injured shoulder ?'

I dont really consider who rides a bike before I buy it.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Cycling news is carrying the official version that Scott is to be the supplier of bikes for Team Columbia
    M.Rushton
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    iainf72 wrote:

Spesh look likely to be what Saxo-Bank use, but they losing Gerolsteiner so it'll still be 2 big squads riding them. Scott going to Columbia and American Beef going away (maybe)

I was going to say no one at the top end was on Colnago but then I remembered Milram :roll:

I saw somewhere Focus were going to Milram
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    and some would argue just how top end Milram actually is.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.