Vuelta on TV?

Bemmiebiker
Bemmiebiker Posts: 31
edited August 2008 in Pro race
Anyone know if the vuelta is being broadcast this year?

I'm hoping for some live coverage as I'm going under the knife to get my cruciate ligament sorted out at the end of next week. I'll have plenty of time on my hands to watch...It would make the days pass far quicker
A Lemond (FCN 4)
An ageing Klein (FCN 9)

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Yup, it's on Eurosport live.

Well, as "live" as the Vuelta is most of the time.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    It would make the days pass far quicker

not likely :lol:
  • It would make the days pass far quicker

not likely :lol:[/quote]

I may be clutching a straws a bit here - but at least its better than falling into the abyss of regular daytime tv....

IanF - Is that British Eurosport?
    A Lemond (FCN 4)
    An ageing Klein (FCN 9)
  • It would make the days pass far quicker

not likely :lol:

I may be clutching a straws a bit here - but at least its better than falling into the abyss of regular daytime tv....

IanF - Is that British Eurosport?[/quote]

Nope :shock:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • Nope...as in:- no it wouldn't make the days go quicker :shock:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431

IanF - Is that British Eurosport?

Nope... normal Eurosport... certaintly!
    www.dotcycling.com
  • iainf72
    Yup, British Eurosport

http://yahoo.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule ... day3.shtml

I got excited coz it was listed on ES HD but alas, it's just a rubbish peasant class picture. Oh well.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Damn, those deserted, arrow-straight 200 km long Spanish highways woulda looked awesome in HD.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:
    Damn, those deserted, arrow-straight 200 km long Spanish highways woulda looked awesome in HD.

Better than on a little window on your PC squire :P
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    There appears to be a whole 15 minutes of the TTT being shown on Saturday. At 1 in the morning :shock:
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

:D I can see the problems with watching streaming coverage of a typical ToS stage. "Oh, the stream's frozen..... Oh hang on, no it's not... Or is it?"
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Bernie S
    Bernie S Posts: 118
    If you can get Astra or Hotbird its on TVE International Sat 30 1450-1700 British time

http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?questi ... rd=Digital
  • afx237vi
    TVEi is also on Sky Digital. Channel 795 IIRC. Handy for when Eurosport is showing [insert crazy sport here].
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    DaveyL wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

:D I can see the problems with watching streaming coverage of a typical ToS stage. "Oh, the stream's frozen..... Oh hang on, no it's not... Or is it?"

Tee hee hee ! I like it !! Dont forget they always manage to go past that big billboard of a bull. Is there more than one ? I have no idea.
  • afx237vi
    The bulls are basically giant billboards for sherry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne's_bull
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    89 of the buggers ! No wonder I thought it was the same route again and again...
  • Bernie S wrote:
    If you can get Astra or Hotbird its on TVE International Sat 30 1450-1700 British time

http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?questi ... rd=Digital

I can get TVEi, on both. Having checked both RTVE's site and Sky's EPG, I've not found this schedule anywhere.
    Are you sure? Do you have a link for TVEi's Vuelta schedule, this weekend? :?
    RTVE are now saying the prologue is live later.
    The race starts on Saturday in Granada with a team time trial transmitting TVE 2 from 18:30 to 20:30
    I think this is the reason ESUK and all Eurosport are now, not showing live cycling, just that 15 minutes. :(
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Bernie S
    Blazing you are right, it was on TVE Teletext this morning when I looked but no mention now

http://www.rtve.es/tve/teletexto/index.html

Tho only online streaming I know of is tv2 Denmark albeit with a Danish IP address
  • Bernie S
    Just looked at your tve La 2 times and there is a long programme from 1820- 2100 on TVE Int which maybe worth tuning into. Could be a film but you never know
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    Sky epg say: 795 TVEi Ciclismo/Vuelta a Espana 5.30 to 8.00 on Saturday.
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • scwxx77 wrote:
    Sky epg say: 795 TVEi Ciclismo/Vuelta a Espana 5.30 to 8.00 on Saturday.
    Hallelujah! I thought we'd had it. I'll probably go for the Astra 1 option. :)

Talking of which, if anyone fancies an extra half an hour of live Tour of Germany tomorrow, for the race's only mountain stage. ORF Sport, which will come up as WT 1, (Austria) starts coverage at 14-00CET 13-00 BST. Two hours worth.
    That's before ARD's Das Erste. It can be found at:- 12662H @ 22000. :wink:

Bernie TVE 2 is hard to get, as it's always part of some package and encrypted, a la Sky.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Bernie S
    Yes thanks only TVE available is International. Glad Vuelta is on ,wonder why TVE Teletexto changed their listing
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    Many thanks for the TVEi heads-up...especially as I picked liquigas in the PTP !!!

Greg