Nicola Barry - Two Wheeled Neds!

The Mechanic
The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
edited August 2008 in Campaign
Check out this article in today's Aberdeen Press and Journal. Pedestrians are under threat apparently.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/806138
I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks

Comments

• Something says to me that she might be lonely.
  • jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    And I hope she stays that way!!!

P.s it sounds to me like she has a secret Lycra fetish.
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • More laziness passing for journalism. It's almost a by-numbers anti-cycling rant.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    More laziness passing for journalism. It's almost a by-numbers anti-cycling rant.

Yep, I agree. And it is our duty to crush these people like the tiny insects they are :lol:
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    If the pedestrians on the footpath were walking faster than she was she'd be there with a "who do they think they are, they see the speed walkers at the olympics and suddenly they think they have the right to walk anywhere they want, don't pay road tax to walk across the street, keep on cutting me up and expecting me to not run them down, then selfishly use pedestrian crossings to slow me down...."

I'd say she feels deeply unhappy with herself and feels threatened by people who are fitter and healthier than she is, who are not stuck where she is etc. Basically she is taking offence because she can, like any bully with problems that they then take out on someone else.

I'd suggest maybe if she got on her bike she'd be happier...
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • ellieb
    ellieb Posts: 436
    Actually I think her problem is that her dog attacks people on the cylepath & this is clearly the fault of the cyclists.
  • zaynan
    zaynan Posts: 180
    3 things:

1/ Find a cyclist on this forum who has a "duffel bag on the back of their bike"!!!

2/ "they have powerful bikes" - didn't know Duccatti made push bikes...

3/ "bring back the cycling proficiency test" er they have - it's called Bikeability

She's probably never ridden a bike and that's the problem. Getting your driving licence should involve several hours tuition on a bicycle (and possibly motorcycle) just to have some sort of empathy and understanding for the things which happen to you when on a bicycle.

4/ things actually - "they used to have cycle lanes" implying that perhaps they should still have them so that they wouldn't get in her way on the road...but she also doesn't want them in her way on the cycle path that she walks on - so where the f*** does she want cyclists? Gunatanamo Bay?
    www.practicalcycles.com
    The home of cargo bikes
  • downfader
    How sweet would it be to cycle past her, stop and flex your muscles at her and ride off. :lol:

Fat little woman sat in her car. I bet she cries herself to sleep (making an assumption here since she feels it ok to make assumptions about us :lol: )
  • downfader
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAOHhV1EFe4 is this her dog in the video?
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Powerful bikes? How much horsepower does Campag Centaur have?

Sounds to me like her poor dog has had enough of her and is trying to commit suicide by bike - if only she'd give it a slightly longer leesh.
    didn't know Duccatti made push bikes...
    They get Bianchi to make them for them. They look rather nice too.