What bike

Red Devil
Red Devil Posts: 60
edited August 2008 in Road beginners
Hi, browsed this forum a few times lately and about to buy a bike new /second hand not sure.
But I want a bike to get fit on - Im 45yrs of age carrying too much weight :oops:
I ideally want a road bike not sure if a drop handle bar would really suit me yet looked at a straight bar Gryphon today in Halfrauds quite like the bike so would like something similar the price was 275 not bad by all accounts. Budget well about 300 to begin with and if all goes well - well you never know lol.
Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions about similar priced bikes to match my needs - Giant is one I have heard talk of but would probably be out of budget ? FCR ?

Thanks - In Wales so lots of hills / mountains to cycle along... :shock:

Comments

• milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    I've done most of my miles on a Gryphon although I've recently bought a new Bianchi. No doubt it's a good bike. It's surprisingly light and you'll get up most hills no problem. On the flat it's no slouch either.

The only fault with it is that the frame (and forks) are made from quite rigid aluminium which means that any slightly uneven surface and you'll feel it. So if you're looking to do rides of 2 or more hours then it can get quite uncomfortable.
  • :) Thanks for the reply - gonna do a search to see wot a Bianchi looks like !
    Info about Gryphon greatly received.

Chris
  • 8) Ok I want a secondhand Bianchi !