Levi wins Clasica de los Puertos

victorponf
victorponf Posts: 1,187
edited August 2008 in Pro race
With Contador helping him (he behave like a brake after Levi breakaway and atacked in the finals km to be 2nd) in a race pretty near of his home.

Results:

. LEIPHEIMER Levi AST 3h15'10"
2. CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto AST 41"
3. GALLEGO ARNAIZ Diego VMC 49"
4. PARDILLA BELLON Sergio VMC 58"
5. LANDALUZE INTXAURRAGA Inigo EUS 58"
6. MORENO BAZAN Javier ACA 01'47"
7. PUJOL MUNOZ Oscar VMC 01'47"
8. SALGUEIRO ALONSO Enrique SPI 01'52"
9. ANTON HERNANDEZ Igor EUS 02'18"
10. MARTIN VELASCO David ORB 02'20"
11. ROSENDO PRADO Jesus ACA 02'23"
12. ASTARLOZA CHAURREAU Mikel EUS 02'24"
13. PEREZ MORENO Ruben EUS 02'33"
14. CARRASCO RAMIREZ Jose Antonio ACA 02'33"
15. SARABIA DIAZ Ignacio SPI 02'33"

Some photos:

http://picasaweb.google.es/mdlarena/CLS ... UERTOS2008
If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com

Comments

• donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    The Vuelta's going to be incredible. Astana vs CSC! Both teams are very strong, but of course CSC's going to be tired from the TDF, so we'll see how well they can handle Astana.

Levi could be a leader on many other teams for GC (sure, not a real potential TDF winner, but a podium potential) and yet he's possibly 3rd best GC on his own team!
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    agree Don, looking forward for this one!

Levi looks very good, so I picked him over Contador for the GC.

Thanks Victor for the photos!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Are you sure this wasn't Contador giving Levi a little gift before expecting him to fall back in line and be his dog for the next month?
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    afx237vi wrote:
    Are you sure this wasn't Contador giving Levi a little gift before expecting him to fall back in line and be his dog for the next month?

Maybe Contador already had a Shitty HD monitor and wanted the DVD Player instead?

Personally I don't think Leiphiemer has what it takes to be Contadors Biatch for a few weeks.
    cartoon.jpg
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    afx237vi wrote:

Like the bronze medal in Beijing?
    Nope, I still think Levi looks very good for the Vuelta, though he might have peaked too soon.... we'll see.
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    Arkibal wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Like the bronze medal in Beijing?
    Nope, I still think Levi looks very good for the Vuelta, though he might have peaked too soon.... we'll see.

Spanish Cycling Federation tried to claim about Levi´s handlebar in the TT and Contador said no way...

was it another :wink::wink: to Levi?
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com