My first race tomorrow!!!!!!

Dan777
Dan777 Posts: 49
edited August 2008 in Pro race
Hi, I am taking part in my first race tomorrow, a 4th cat circuit race. been building up to this for a while. anyone got any valuable practical tips for me? any info would be greatly appreciated, as i said 1st ever race so just wondering what to expect really?

Comments

• Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Today; clean bike get kit together and check bolts etc

Tonight; have a high carb meal and a good sleep (easier said than done!)

Tomorow get to the race and sign in early, and take about 20 mins to warm up

During the race, keep up towards the front of the group, watch out for any bad riding and don't do long stints on the front.

HAVE FUN!!! Racing is enjoyable but hard work.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    Dan777 wrote:
    Hi, I am taking part in my first race tomorrow, a 4th cat circuit race. been building up to this for a while. anyone got any valuable practical tips for me? any info would be greatly appreciated, as i said 1st ever race so just wondering what to expect really?
    Hi Dan, I can still rememebr my first race nerves. There's lots general advice - check bike, get there early, warm up well (depends on type of race), stay alert, follow racing line ,sit on wheels, be positive etc...maybe you can post back with any concerns you have and we can help out a bit more. Whatever happens - enjoy :D
  • boybiker
    boybiker Posts: 531
    Watch out for people who people who wouldn't know a racing line if it bit them in the arse, stay in touch with the main group so you can respond when the start to sprint and if its a closed circuit and you get dropped which is more than likely on your first race then you can sit up for a bit and wait for them to come round again, but make sure you are not on the line that the leader is going to take as he may well just run you down.
    ...Oh and have fun its wildly exciting ..its the most exciting thing ive done that didn't involve handcuffs and a pair of rubber gloves. :wink:
    The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
    FCN :- -1
    Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me
  • boybiker
    boybiker Posts: 531
    Sooooo.....How did it go?
    You cannot keep me in suspenders, well you can but thats for a different web site :wink:
    The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
    FCN :- -1
    Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me
  • Dan777
    Dan777 Posts: 49
    Hi mate thanks for asking. went OK, started out really well staying with the front group but just seemed to blow up after about 15mins, and started going backwards. the race was just chaos, no groups seemed to form and it almost turned into a time trail rather than a race. lots of lessons learned and notes made for next time. Also i think if the same circumstances occurred i'd take control and organise a group, but it was my first time so....
    Also i f*cking loved it! and will definately be back for more. finished about 20th out of 30 in the end.