Courier Memoirs

POB_London
POB_London Posts: 1,016
edited August 2008 in Road general
A few years ago I was a bike messenger for 6 years or so. Most was full-time in London (although there was some part-timing while I studied). I recently found some poetry I wrote - I'd forgotten I was so sensitive! See what you think, have never shared these before. Hardcore fixie commuters will probably also identify :) Be nice!

Rouleur.jpg

Here's another- written on the back of a job-sheet while the summer people of Carnaby Street strolled by (in about 2001 I spose). I was plotted up waiting for more stuff going north. I had a regular client who was a hippy creative. She was really nice, but she lived in Highgate Village, so it was a sod to go there one-up, then come back empty.

rain.gif

The best days were wet days in February. It was busy enough to keep warm and make very good money, clients were always happy to give you a brew and most part-timers stayed at home, = more cash for the pros! I miss the days, but it ain't what it was. :oops:
blimey - bit windy / cold / wet innit? My blog is at http://www.lewismiller.info

Comments

• FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 925
    Sorry - I am more of a limerick man :oops: