Isle of Man cycle Hire?

geoffnelder
geoffnelder Posts: 165
edited August 2008 in Tour & expedition
I have to be driver and in a car too small to take my road bike to the IOM in September for a holiday. Been several times before but still have the urge to cycle the TT course.

I've a feeling Mark Cavendish won't lend me his bike, so does anyone know where on the island I can hire one?

Geoff

Comments

• nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Never been to Man, but would like to try the mountain course the thought of the tourists out on motorised 2 wheelers sort of puts me off the idea though. Particularly with the Tingwall having never implemented the Temporary National Speed limits, meaning the sign now known as NSL applies here still means End of Speed Restriction there.

Quick Google search revealed
    http://www.touristnetuk.com/NW/isleofma ... /index.asp
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Thanks.

You are right about the NSL means no upper speed limit out of urban areas, except on bends with specific limits. However, from my driving experience there it hasn't been a problem.

That link is good except that none of the cycle hire shops listed there hire out road bikes. The first says it does but that is what they call hybrids. The one in Douglas sellls road bikes but last time I asked, didn't hire them out.

Geoff