Waterproofs for an odd shape!

ride_whenever
ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
edited August 2008 in Road beginners
Hey, my ladyfriend has expressed a desire to get some full waterproofs for cycling to training approximately 5 miles from town. She still wants to be quick so something fairly fitted. The catch is she is 5'4", 36DD and has hips to match, she's not overweight at all but just needs some ideas as where to look!

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Hey, my ladyfriend has expressed a desire to get some full waterproofs for cycling to training approximately 5 miles from town. She still wants to be quick so something fairly fitted. The catch is she is 5'4", 36DD and has hips to match, she's not overweight at all but just needs some ideas as where to look!

if it was me- I'd probably start by looking at her chest...... :twisted:
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • fuzzynavel
    fuzzynavel Posts: 718
    spen666 wrote:

if it was me- I'd probably start by looking at her chest...... :twisted:

There's always one!!! As my boss keeps telling me...some things shouldn't get out of my brain and into my mouth! Better be careful she doesn't topple over.
    17 Stone down to 12.5 now raring to get back on the bike!
  • Hey, my ladyfriend has expressed a desire to get some full waterproofs for cycling to training approximately 5 miles from town. She still wants to be quick so something fairly fitted. The catch is she is 5'4", 36DD and has hips to match, she's not overweight at all but just needs some ideas as where to look!

You could post a picture so we could see what's best ;)

How about something like this?
    http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk/productclass.asp?productclassid=114
  • ride_whenever
    Thanks for the constructive comments...

And for the pervs, I'll dig out some photos tomorrow, as the only ones i have with me are far too indecent for this forum 8)
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Lucky chap there, very pretty lady.
    Why can't I find any single female cyclists around here, pah.

But I have a friend who is similar shape and she has some waterproofs that seem good. I'll check with her tonight to see where and what type they are anyway.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • fuzzynavel
    mmmm it's getting warm in here!
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...she doesn't look an odd shape to me :shock: :D:wink::o
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • fuzzynavel
    ChrisLS wrote:
    ...she doesn't look an odd shape to me :shock: :D:wink::o

Let's have another look....... :shock: ...doesn't look odd to me either.....maybe the op wears the wrong glasses.
  • ride_whenever
    The OP doesn't wear glasses at all, she is a very good shape, just very very curvy...
  • ChrisLS
    ...anymore pics just so we can be sure...? :wink: How does she look in cycling kit?
  • beakyboy
    beakyboy Posts: 38
    You couldn't cycle in those shoes! They could take someones eye out.
    May the wind always be at your rear!
  • ride_whenever
    She looks fine in cycling kit, but doesn't own anything specific yet... She normally just rides in her rowing lycra...
  • ride_whenever
    I have just spoken to her, and she says I cannot post any more pics until she has had some sensible suggestions in black!

Then she'll do a naked photo astride my 456 :roll:

she certainly knows bargaining...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    She looks fine in cycling kit, but doesn't own anything specific yet... She normally just rides in her rowing lycra...

Pictures in the GILS thread then.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • ChrisLS
  • fuzzynavel
    I have just spoken to her, and she says I cannot post any more pics until she has had some sensible suggestions in black!

Then she'll do a naked photo astride my 456 :roll:

she certainly knows bargaining...

She sounds like fun!
  • ride_whenever
    She definitely isn't fun at all :wink:

she just really likes my 456...

Cheers for the suggestion chris, but a bit expensive!
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    Back to the topic..........

We have used Hilltrek and they have been excellent. Good prices for made to measure

Give them a ring.
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Why can't I have a lady friend that looks like that, its days like this that I think God just isn't fair...

Anyway, honestly and seriously I think your ladyfriend is being too self conscious she shouldn't have any problem with any well made, well fitted/cut cycling specific waterproofs or waterproofs of any kind.

If the the clothes being tight around the chest is an issue buy the next size up (instead of a medium go for a large. Sure the midriff might be a little loose but that isn't necessarily a bad thing or something you cannot live with. Same with trousers and such.

Think of it this way because its lycra its going to be tight anyway especially around the sleeves, waist and legs, these are also usually fitted with elastic making them fit tight. So going a size up may not mean baggyclothes in the same way as normal clothes would fit. - I hope that makes sense. They may feel/fit better, I recently had to by an extra large North Wave jersey because the large (my normal size)was tight around the shoulders. - Trial and error I think is the policy of buying cycling clothes.

Ribble sells clothes but your friend may be better off going into an Evans or a LBS (that sells clothes) and try some on.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • ride_whenever
    Lycra is not an issue, she has more than fits in the washing machine! Thanks for the suggestions, I might send her along to the LBS to try some stuff on, and try and find some waterproofs that fit her.
  • ride_whenever
    Lycra is not an issue, she has more than fits in the washing machine! Thanks for the suggestions, I might send her along to the LBS to try some stuff on, and try and find some waterproofs that fit her.