One for Alex Simmons

Kanga-roo
Kanga-roo Posts: 2
Hi - I'm a member of the Australian Track Cycling Squad - just wondering if there are any training methods you could recommend to help me peak for say........about 4 years time from now. The current ones don't seem to be up to much.

:wink:

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    You'll be ok kanga-roo. The current Australian team management will be fired for taking a bunch of old riders who failed to deliver. Your turn will come!
  • Enjoy it while you can Kanga poo :lol:

Aussies got a right spanking. Deservedly so.

Top marks to the GB team. A long and focussed program over the past 6-8 years or so is really paying dividends. No stone left unturned. A new standard has been set. In both results and money invested/committed.

Hoy is a superstar. And a really nice bloke too (had the privelege of meeting him in Sydney).

Teams Pursuit was sensational (my favourite event). The Danes have been working on that for a long time too and good on 'em.

Wiggins/Romero - fabulous.

Also to Vicky P but in my eyes Anna Meares is an absolute legend coming back from breaking her neck in a race crash six months ago.
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    Come on Alex you'll be at the parallel games in London wont you?

You could up the medal count for Australia by getting silver :wink:
  • SunWuKong wrote:
    Come on Alex you'll be at the parallel games in London wont you?

You could up the medal count for Australia by getting silver :wink:
    I'm on a hidin' to nothing here :lol:

BTW - GB track squad have an Aussie head coach :wink:
  • SunWuKong
    Even his brother is commentating on BBC.
  • Johnpwr
    Johnpwr Posts: 47
    The problem now is that the only way is down for the GB squad after this one !

Having the number 1 sprinters and pursuiters of both genders at the same time is one of those anomalous situations that we as british cyclists had best enjoy for as long as it lasts, and boy how we're enjoying it :D:D
  • SunWuKong wrote:
    Even his brother is commentating on BBC.
    Gary?
    He's a really top bloke. Fabulous rider in his day.

Funny, all our Olympic cycling commentary was done by Phil Liggett.
  • SunWuKong
    Yep, Gary.

The irony is that it is the Aussie set up of regional and national centres of excellence has been somewhat of a blueprint for some of the successes for GB at this Olympics.
  • SunWuKong wrote:
    Yep, Gary.

The irony is that it is the Aussie set up of regional and national centres of excellence has been somewhat of a blueprint for some of the successes for GB at this Olympics.
    No irony there, that's just innovation. Learn from what others have done, adapt it to suit your individual circumstances, apply the good stuff. Shortens the learning curve so that you can innovate further and have the time to test if it works or not.

The big test will be maintaining it. One of the big things I think GB have done well is for the most part pick riders with the right mind set. They will also have burned off a few in the process.