Bolivian/Peruvian Altiplano in wet season

jalapeno
jalapeno Posts: 1,009
edited August 2008 in Tour & expedition
Hey, does anyone here have experience of the altiplano from October through to March..? It's virtually impossible for me to avoid it if my next adventure is going to happen when I want it to... just looking for some feedback really, of course the dry season would make more sense but sometimes things just don't work out that way..... No intention of dropping down off the altiplano.
many thanks!

Painted Roads.. colourful cycling adventures
http://www.paintedroads.com

Comments

• I was out there a couple of years ago, we flew to Cuzco around the 20th Sept, spent a week there and then headed off towards the Bolivian border. We went across the Salt Flats in Oct and they were still dry as a bone. In fact from what I remeber there was very few wet days but when it rained it rained!
  • Barbes
    Barbes Posts: 72
    I went travelling in the Altiplano in Bolivia in December / January and it was very dry. We only had two or three days of rain (in La Paz and Potosi) in three weeks so I really wouldn't worry too much. When it rained it was short sharp so easyish to stop and wait. Also the south (Tupiza and around) seemed to be far drier judging by the river beds. Fantastic scenery but very few paved roads anywhere in the country and watch the drops!