Jason Kenny isn't

BeaconRuth
BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
edited August 2008 in Track
very big compared to Staff and Hoy is he? Just a little fella in comparison but I can't imagine anyone else getting on Staff's wheel any better than that. Staff - incredible.

Wonder how Hoy is keeping his focus for tomorrow's Keirin - not the kind of event you can rock up to without your mind fully on the job.

Absolutely AWESOME. :D

Ruth

ps. imagine being Hugh Porter and getting to commentate on all these successes. The poor judo commentator was urging on our girl today with that awful note in her voice which said "C'mon, but we really know there's no hope now." It must be like Christmas over and over again for Porter.

Comments

• Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    It will be interesting to see if Chris Hoy changes his tactics in the Keirin- that should keep the completion on their toes! He said in the post Team Sprint interview that there was plenty left in the tank.

I’ve got a sneaking feeling we’re also going to see something special from Ross Edgar in the Keirin.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • BeaconRuth
    Edgar looking very strong indeed - he opened up quite a gap there. I can't bear to watch Hoy go from that far out - he simply shouldn't be able to do it like that! What can any body else do if they simply can't come round him for 2.5 laps? He even had time to look over his shoulder and see who was behind him!

Ryan Bailey was looking very very strong too though - did you see how he accelerated past the guy on the front in his heat?!

Ruth
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    Edgar looking very strong indeed - he opened up quite a gap there. I can't bear to watch Hoy go from that far out - he simply shouldn't be able to do it like that! What can any body else do if they simply can't come round him for 2.5 laps? He even had time to look over his shoulder and see who was behind him!

Ryan Bailey was looking very very strong too though - did you see how he accelerated past the guy on the front in his heat?!

Ruth
    Bailey looked good until the second round when it was faster and drew the speed out of his legs and he was out the back :D
    Hoy awsome, so strong they cannot get around him. The chineese guy tried the same and went out the back.
  • BeaconRuth
    The chineese guy tried the same and went out the back.
    Yes, that's what's supposed to happen when you try that in the Keirin. A text-book demonstration of how Hoy has re-written the text-book. :wink:

Ruth
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S wrote:
    I’ve got a sneaking feeling we’re also going to see something special from Ross Edgar in the Keirin.

What did I tell ya! 8)
  • BeaconRuth
    Give yourself a chocolate medal, Eddy. :wink:

Ruth

ps. are you going to the World Cup in Manchester?
  • Eddy S
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    Give yourself a chocolate medal, Eddy. :wink:

Ruth
    Just the one??? :(:wink:
    ps. are you going to the World Cup in Manchester?
    Yeah, I'll be there. I bought my 3 day ticket on the Tuesday they were released! I'll be in the same seat as the World Champs. I'm even forgoing riding the LVRC track champs at Newport (which really are far too late in the year) to be in Manchester instead.

Are you going to be there Ruth?
  • BeaconRuth
    Yes, I hope so, but as per usual I haven't done anything about it.......... why do something today if you can do it tomorrow? :oops:

At first glance I thought Friday looked the best bet (I was only thinking of one day, not sure I can justify all three!) but I need to go back and have another look at the programme.

Ruth
  • Eddy S
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    ...but as per usual I haven't done anything about it.......... why do something today if you can do it tomorrow? :oops:
    I can relate to that! 8)

Procrastinators of the World unite.. just as long as we can do it a little later :wink:

I’d hate to have to chose which single day – it would have to be Fri & Sat at the minimum. Don’t leave it too long though as I think the event will sell out on the strength of this weekend’s medal haul. See you there!
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    he may be smaller but boy is he looking impressive, Hoy and Kenny are yards quicker, if they get their tactics right and are vigilant, could be 1,2 again and would not rule out Kenny as he is not far behind Hoy speed wise and Hoy is noot the most experienced and vigillant sprinter. Would be nice for Hoy to get 3rd ( I have his old bike which I am selling so might be more valuable lol ) but what a boost for the new kids on the block if Kenny got it? Go GB. :D