Burke stupendous!

BeaconRuth
BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
edited August 2008 in Track
How fast was that last kilometre??? He said he was only told he was going to ride it yesterday!

Geez! That team pursuit squad is going to be strong..........

Ruth

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    I've heard, from a very solid source, that the team pursuit guys have been riding to a 3:52 schedule in training.

That was some ride by Burke today, his first pursuit in almost a year and he qualifies as the fifth fastest qualifier in the Olympics. He has a very bright future ahead of him I think.
  • Tim Farr
    Tim Farr Posts: 665
    Yes - and I've got a feeling that he has a bright future in THIS competition, on our TVs tomorrow morning - i.e. he can go faster.
    T Farr
  • BeaconRuth
    It was as if he just put the throttle down in the last kilometre, but then I imagine he would have been riding to a much slower schedule given that he has only ever ridden 9 seconds slower before. I guess they will start him on a significantly faster schedule tomorrow and the result should in theory be faster. He's up against the very experienced Ukrainian (?) though, so if he wins in the next round it will be mighty impressive.

Ruth
  • BeaconRuth
    Well that was mighty impressive. I wonder what his last kilometre was today - it looked even faster than yesterday's. Good chance of Bronze?

Ruth
  • What a fantastic finish in the final as well. In fact what an awesome display of utter dominane in a sport all round. I'm hoping Peter Keen can have a similar influence in the other sports for 2012. Its about time we starting believing that winning is a *good thing*.

Really looking forward to the mens team pursuit, in addition I'd love to see our Geraint get a medal.
  • BeaconRuth
    What a fantastic finish in the final as well. In fact what an awesome display of utter dominane in a sport all round. I'm hoping Peter Keen can have a similar influence in the other sports for 2012. Its about time we starting believing that winning is a *good thing*.
    Yes - amazing to see Burke with bronze beside Wiggins.

Ruth