Manchester-Blackpool 13/7/08

2»

Comments

• ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Mettan wrote:
    Thanks Colin - was there a minimum amount you needed to raise when you did the event last? - do they bar you if you don't raise enough? This year it seems to be going to Christie's and Lung Cancer, so, a pretty good cause.
    The charitable fund-rasing is entirely voluntary. As I mentioned, I did it for a few years but it was taking me many, many hours to get blood-out-of-a-stone, sorry, the sponsorship money from the people at work. I don't know what is so hard about handing over a pound coin when reminded about it, but it would be "sorry I need it for a bag of crisps" or "I've got to buy some milk on the way home" that kind of thing. After 3 years of it, I'd had enough. From then on I just handed an extra tenner over on top of the event entry fee.

I can't do the M100 this year because I'm away for my niece's 30th birthday bash but I hope you enjoy it.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    ColinJ wrote:
    Mettan wrote:
    Thanks Colin - was there a minimum amount you needed to raise when you did the event last? - do they bar you if you don't raise enough? This year it seems to be going to Christie's and Lung Cancer, so, a pretty good cause.
    The charitable fund-rasing is entirely voluntary. As I mentioned, I did it for a few years but it was taking me many, many hours to get blood-out-of-a-stone, sorry, the sponsorship money from the people at work. I don't know what is so hard about handing over a pound coin when reminded about it, but it would be "sorry I need it for a bag of crisps" or "I've got to buy some milk on the way home" that kind of thing. After 3 years of it, I'd had enough. From then on I just handed an extra tenner over on top of the event entry fee.

I can't do the M100 this year because I'm away for my niece's 30th birthday bash but I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks Colin - booked my place now - seems reasonable at 3000 ft over 100 miles - just hoping for little/No wind :wink: