Kev the Confident !

NervexProf
NervexProf Posts: 4,202
edited August 2008 in Track
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?i ... ug13news/2

Leading up to the Beijing Olympic track events....Kev speaks!

This young Frenchman, who says he has beaten Hoy, but not Bos( whereas Chris Hoys has) - doesn't rate the UK track team's chances!

See related story in the link above.

Is Kev whistling in the wind?

Boardman reports that pre-event training times for the UK track squad have been incredible.
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom

Comments

• avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    if you read the story, he didn't actually say what the intro and headline suggest.

he says he HOPES the british team will be weaker away from home, not that he doesn't rate their chances!

And what's he suposed to say, that he's gone all the way to China to watch Hoy's ass disappearing into the distance?
  • NervexProf
    if you read the story, he didn't actually say what the intro and headline suggest.

he says he HOPES the british team will be weaker away from home, not that he doesn't rate their chances!

And what's he suposed to say, that he's gone all the way to China to watch Hoy's ass disappearing into the distance?

Fair comment Avoid - just trying to stir some interest before the weekend fireworks!
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    You're doing a stirling job of trying to generate some interest, NervexProf. I don't think most people scroll down far enough to get to the Track and Women's sections.

But I'm really looking forward to the track events starting............... I really can't believe GB will romp away with gold in every discipline they won in the Worlds, but it really feels like a question of 'what will they lose?' as opposed to 'what will they win?'

Ruth
  • NervexProf
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    You're doing a stirling job of trying to generate some interest, NervexProf. I don't think most people scroll down far enough to get to the Track and Women's sections.

But I'm really looking forward to the track events starting............... I really can't believe GB will romp away with gold in every discipline they won in the Worlds, but it really feels like a question of 'what will they lose?' as opposed to 'what will they win?'

Ruth

Ruth, Thanks for that...I am sure the 'lads' in the 'Race' forum, will, over time come to see that the girls, our ladies, are NO less committed to get to the top! - instance Nicole and Emma.

As to the 'track events' ( licks lips) I can see a blaze away by Ms Romero...heck she is so , so determined...- and Vicky P I am sure will give it full gas in her event.

The lads, Wiggins, Cavendish, Hoy et al will not deliver under their best, tho' as Kev says the pressure is on!