like a child in a sweet shop help

smitty
smitty Posts: 125
edited August 2008 in MTB buying advice
hi folks ,im in a big pickle im looking at buying a carbon full susser and am unsure of the one to buy .iv'e looked at the sworks stummpy trek 9.5 mc10 and the carbon rush .i was wondering if ppl knew the weights of these bikes and also if there is other carbon full sussers i should be looking at as i want a low weight trail killer any help pls

thanks smitty

Comments

• Kiwi Kranker
    Kiwi Kranker Posts: 416
    New 2009 Scott Genius 20 or 10...either one will hurt the wallet to say the least but by all accounts are pretty impressive machines. Scott are carbon legends so you can be sure of their design work too.
    Scott Ransom 10

Stumpy FSR Comp

Wilier Izoard

1994 Shogun Prairie Breaker Expert...ahhh yesssss

'I didnt need those front teeth anyway..'
  • smitty
    ive seen them in mbuk are they any good dont know anybody thats got one ,do you know the weight of a full build
  • smitty
    yeah was looking at the mc 10 really nice bike that is up in my top five list
  • Kiwi Kranker
    Kiwi Kranker Posts: 416
    Ahhh helps if I read your entire post!

Is a sweet looking bike too.
    Scott Ransom 10

Stumpy FSR Comp

Wilier Izoard

1994 Shogun Prairie Breaker Expert...ahhh yesssss

'I didnt need those front teeth anyway..'
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    alternetively, stop obsessing about weight and try them... hopefully one will stand out as perfect for you.
  • smitty
    lol not obsessing about weight but for the sort of money im likely to be paying id like a bike in the sub 25lbs ,
  • ride_whenever
    have you been to weight-weenies, they have a lot of these sorts of bikes with frame weights.

And i'd still buy a mojo :wink:
  • smitty
    weight -weenies whats the web addy
  • ride_whenever
    Yeah it is, can't remember where,

I'd still buy a mojo though, they are usually under 25lbs, or the SL will come in under 22!
  • smitty
    just been looking at the mojo on stif its a sweet looking bike have you got one cos i have seen them in mags but ive never heard a review or known anybody thats rode one ,as in most mags when this sort of bikes are reviewed its stumpys treks or scotts
  • ride_whenever
    I wish i had one! There was a guy selling a frame due to other committments, but the mags totally raved about it, 10/10 etc, plus you're unlikely to see another on the trails!

Oh and did i mention it looks like sex on wheels?
  • warrerj
    warrerj Posts: 665
    How much are you looking at spending ?

For the sort of cash you're looking to splash why not look at a custom build.

I've just got a Titus Motolite and love it :lol: Climbs like a mountain goat decends like an animal !! They do a very sexy Ti / Carbon mix called EXOGRID (http://www.titusti.com/08/tech/exogrid.php).

http://www.titusti.com/08/mtn/motoexo.php
  • smitty
    well im thinking of spending about 3500 4000 on my next bike
  • Giant Trance Advanded :wink:
    Giant XTC 2.5 '08
    Felt Virtue 3 '10
    Giant Defy 2 '11
    Giant Terrago Disc '07 - Convereted for CX
    Fit Team Park Bmx '08
  • smep
    smep Posts: 339
    Ihave an ibis mojo for sale if you look on the classifieds there are some pics for you to see what they are like also it is well reviewd if you just type in on google should come up. steve.
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    The S-works stumpy is 23.94 lbs.

This months MBR has reviews of four "dream bikes":

Stumpy
    Whyte E-120 Team
    Fisher Hi-Fi Pro Carbon
    Cannondale Rize Carbon 2

Might be of interest to you.
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Go for the S-Works Stumpy.
    It's the lightest bike in its class, stunning performance and great customer after sales care
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    For that price go for a custom build!
  • ride_whenever
    Well it does depend how much of a sheep you want to be. For the money you plan to spend you can have almost anything, so you know you want carbon and light, you now need to decide if you want something run of the mill or a bit different
  • smitty
    mmm its hard to say theres so many bikes i see that give me wood its really hard to know which bikes i should have a test ride of the stumpy will defo be one of them and ill try the ibis out and the whyte is a really smart looking bike although the bottom bracket looks a bit low
  • smitty
    any one
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    I saw that Whyte carbon FS 120mm job reduced from £3k-ish to £2k the other day.

If you like the look of Whyte bikes, and a lot of people don't, it has to be on the shortlist for a carbon FS trail bike.