Felt FS bikes - how are they?

silly lily
silly lily Posts: 505
edited August 2008 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys!
How are the Felf FS bikes, please? Jejames Cycles have good deals on the Compulsion range and I'm looking for one a FS to suggest as a present!
Thanks
My On One Inbred and Com Meta 5.5.1:
http://silly-lily.pinkbike.com/album/My-MTB/

www.sophialibris.com
Academic Coaching and Advising Consultancy

Comments

• dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    I seem to remember MBR doing a review of one a few months ago and as I recall they weren't overly impressed. Over-priced and under-specced springs to mind.

But then that's one magazine's opinion - other reviewers may have different opinions. Have you tried searching the web for reviews? Or even BikeRadar?
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    I ride a Felt hardtail and like it, but, not the best kit for the price, and every review I've found on Felts puts them in the average category. Can't say that bothers me though, and also means you won't look like everyone else on their Spesh! 8)
  • grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    Seen them in a couple of reviews in the trail section but has
    dave_hill says they always come in average and spec.

Best look at other bikes.
  • lego
    lego Posts: 769
    Hello lilly, I've had a few months with my 07 Virtue 3 which I got from J E James for about 1200 quid. It's my first FS bike (although I've ridden a few others) after what seems a life time on hard tails and well what can I say..
    It's bloody great! the first part of the rear sus stroke takes more of a bump to get it going (compared to say a spesh or marin) but thats due to not having a pivot in the swing arm area.
    But you don't really notice after about 10 minutes. To be honest the only other gripe I had
    was the bar and stem. The stem was way too long and the bar way too narrow. but once swapped with a short stem and some easton bars all is sorted.
    Apart from that I can't really fault it.
    Hope that helps. Ian.
  • silly lily
    silly lily Posts: 505
    batch78 wrote:
    I ride a Felt hardtail and like it, but, not the best kit for the price, and every review I've found on Felts puts them in the average category. Can't say that bothers me though, and also means you won't look like everyone else on their Spesh! 8)

Oh, yeah... thankfully my rides are truly very un-specialized!
    Thanks for your views... considering now Trek and Commencal.
    My On One Inbred and Com Meta 5.5.1:
    http://silly-lily.pinkbike.com/album/My-MTB/

www.sophialibris.com
    Academic Coaching and Advising Consultancy