GRRRR!! Thunderflies

COVEC
COVEC Posts: 213
edited August 2008 in The bottom bracket
Encounters several swarms of these little blighters today, must have had my daily RDA of protien from them :lol:
Is it breeding time at the moment of just a Lincs. phenonmenom.

COVEC

Comments

• OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    They were out in force at Brands Hatch for the WTCC. Worse still are those little black beetles that have a huge attraction for anything yellow!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Richie G
    Richie G Posts: 283
    Worse still are those little black beetles that have a huge attraction for anything yellow!

It was my turn to marshall the club 10 last week - needless to say the beetles loved my yellow hi-vis!
  • Went out yesterday on my bike and when I returned home jumped in the bath and there was a floating crust of wiggly things when I got back out.

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • Evil_Cod
    Evil_Cod Posts: 35
    they've been around in south links for 3 weeks at least!!!! :(
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    I think all flying insects are attracted to yellow. Perhaps because they think it's edible. The only meat I eat comes from insects committing suicide by flying into my mouth :lol:

I sometimes visit Barkston Heath airfield in Lincolnshire (nr Ancaster) and there seem to 100s of cochchafer beetles flying around in the evening. They're huge. Ingesting just one should keep a cyclist going for miles :)

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • Tackle
    Tackle Posts: 387
    I too have had recent encounters with these small beings. Just got back from a week cycling around the Macon area of southern central France, covered in them on a daily basis.
    Currently on an Orbea Onix.
  • They love me. In blue, in white. Colour makes no difference. :idea: Insect repellent might... Must try it tomorrow!
    Not lost, just exploring...