Real Man Challenge

Comments

• ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    The route description is confusing. Is the total distance to be ridden in the event just 34 km?
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    yeah thats the impression i get, its quite expensive to enter just for 34km. but i need something to motivate me to get fit after ive not done exercise for 6months!
  • spasypaddy wrote:
    yeah thats the impression i get, its quite expensive to enter just for 34km. but i need something to motivate me to get fit after ive not done exercise for 6months!

Lol, you need to get fit for 34km?
  • spasypaddy
    ive been travelling for 6 months, and literally havent done any exercise whatsoever. Its a sad state of affairs. Ive lost all my muscle i had, lost literally all my fitness and i was the fittest ive ever been before i went away.

I reckon i could ride 34km (20miles) first day back on my bike and i shall when i get back on it on sunday morning and again monday morning. But its not going to be quick and its not going to be pretty which is why i could use this as a target to gain super fitness and aim to complete it in a respectable time! 6 months ago i would of been aiming for 55-60minutes depending on the hills, ask me on sunday afternoon what time i did my 20miles in!
  • simon johnson
    simon johnson Posts: 1,064
    £125!
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    This is a corporate challenge. And not great value at £125pp even if that includes an adidas jersey.
    Rich
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    We had the email sent around at work. I took a peep and to be honest my first impression was "bugger that".....

It's on the cycling course of the London Triathlon team event, which has always struck me as being better suited to a crit than a TT. It's narrow, twisty and technical. It's also got a tendancy to be dusty and a bit slippery on the roundabouts. But then it's got a couple of wide sections where an attack could do some damage. Racing on this course has the potential to be thrilling.

What's putting me off in a major way is the amount of punters it's pulling in. Blokes who have never raced in their lives, and have no concept of how to ride in a bunch, let alone draft properly. Looking at the team assembled in our office - no thanks...I'd really rather not risk being on the road with them.
  • jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    spasypaddy wrote:
    ive been travelling for 6 months, and literally havent done any exercise whatsoever. Its a sad state of affairs. Ive lost all my muscle i had, lost literally all my fitness and i was the fittest ive ever been before i went away.

I was really fit until a dodgy prawn laid me low for a week, I then lost all motivation and did not train for the past 4-5 weeks and I can not beleive how much fitness I have lost in such a short time.
    Just before I was ill I ran a marathon distance just for fun!!! and last week went for a 4 mile trot and had to keep stopping as I thought my lungs would burst.
    Is there any sort of equation too how much ness you loose over a period of time??
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy wrote:

I was really fit until a dodgy prawn laid me low for a week, I then lost all motivation and did not train for the past 4-5 weeks and I can not beleive how much fitness I have lost in such a short time.
    Just before I was ill I ran a marathon distance just for fun!!! and last week went for a 4 mile trot and had to keep stopping as I thought my lungs would burst.
    Is there any sort of equation too how much ness you loose over a period of time??

i wish there was but its ridiculous how quickly you lose it. the hardest thing is to get yourself motivated to get fit again, i just cant get motivated...
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    spasypaddy wrote:
    the hardest thing is to get yourself motivated to get fit again, i just cant get motivated...
    Is a 32km ride going to get you motivated? Is it enough of a challenge to give you the fear that if you don't train you won't make it/perform?
    Rich